Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2016, 10:33 PM   #29

Gulf Streamers Club
Check with any heavy equipment repair shop, they can rebuild the jacks and the rest of the hydraulic system for much less than the prices you're finding.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2016, 11:51 PM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Doc Vegas, I guess there are more members other than myself that get a lot of enjoyment reading threads/posts. Your story is one in it's self, I started reading and could not stop. We've all @ one trip or another had a bad experience either going or coming, either of which leaves us with a bad feeling, but most always doable. I cannot imagine what you have endured and never ever gave up. Although not solved, I am confident you will accomplish this problem, and my heart goes out to you for your determination. God speed to you and your family. Good luck from a fellow member.
David g.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 07:16 PM   #31

Vintage RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Or a farm implement dealer... Rebuilding hydraulics isn't a big deal... Just forget the RV part and expand your search to just hydraulics😂
dmurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 09:29 PM   #32

Thanks guys, I love irv2. Folks here are amazing. So, JUSTIMAGINATION, I got a kick out of you saying your followed my saga.... if you read my other threads you know I am considering ditching the Itasca and getting a Palazzo Diesel Pusher. I just don't want to drop $10k into the levelers when it seems dealers won't give me much more than $25k for my entire rig.... sad.

On the levelers.... today I pulled one of the leg valves apart. very interesting, but sadly, FULL of "grit". I assume this grit and particles is not good, but is it common? I picked up two new valves with selenoids from Ebay for $225. But, why trash a new valve if the system is disintegrating....

What a mess.... If only I had $150k for a new Palazzo.... I would leave this gaser in PA and ride in style back to Tucson.

If I do take the F53 back to Tucson, I will check with hydraulic shops and farm equipment places. Good idea.

Thanks guys - means a lot to get this kind of advice and encouragement.
Old 07-29-2016, 10:33 PM   #33

OK Crew: So, I ended up taking my Kwikee system apart. Apparently what happened is the chrome plating on the legs came off, contaminated the system systemically, it was DEAD. Maybe the pump could have been rebuilt and maybe the lines could have been flushed, but the legs still would need replated or replaced. I gave up and decided to go with a Bigfoot system by Quadratech. They are in Michigan, so it was a one-day drive from where we were staying in Pennsylvania.

Quadra got it installed in a day, had to make some adjustments the next day though, but I am on night three with it and happy so far. The Bigfoot legs look TINY compared to the Kwikee, but they say it can easily handle my rig. I hope this ends this chapter of the story....
Old 08-05-2016, 06:03 AM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks Doc I just purchased my first RV (98) and found your post informative and helpful I agree that sometimes its best to rip out the old broken system and go with a new installation
rick1957 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, jacks, led, leveling, leveling jacks