Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2017, 01:18 PM   #1

Leveling plastic blocks vs wood blocks

Hello all, What are the best leveling blocks on the market today? I have a class A Winnebago Itasca. Looking for tips to the trade. Am new to the RV-ing world. Any tips for easier leveling would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jim :-)
cruisncasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2017, 01:31 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisncasual View Post
Hello all, What are the best leveling blocks on the market today? I have a class A Winnebago Itasca. Looking for tips to the trade. Am new to the RV-ing world. Any tips for easier leveling would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jim :-)
It is called automatic leveling from Quadra Big Foot. Best money you can spend.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:42 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
In my humble opinion, the plastic blocks are not worth the money they cost. Depending on the weight of your motor home, they can warp. One foot sections of 2x10s or 12"x12" pieces of 3/4" plywood are the best. I have eight pieces of the foot square plywood that I carry and use often. I have seen some screw pieces of the plywood together but I prefer to keep them separate so I can stack them as needed.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:12 PM   #4

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale & Mark Bruss View Post
It is called automatic leveling from Quadra Big Foot. Best money you can spend.
I won't get into the "wudda/couldda/shouldda debate.about why didn't it come with a leveling system..
been there & dun that.

Wood blocks normally do not crack/break or crumble, or scoot across the parking lot when you try to hold the brake and roll up on the plastic stack..

And yes an after market leveling system like the Quadra Big Foot is nice but your budget may not support that purchase or it's install costs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1264.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	216.4 KB
ID:	168746  
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:19 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
On my old Mirada, I mounted a small bubble level under the drivers window where I could see it. When we pulled into a spot, I could normal wiggle around back and forth a little and get the MH reasonable level.

On those occasions that I needed to put stuff under the tires, I carried 6 or 8 pieces of pressure treated 2x6. These were various lengths 12 - 24 inches, I could stack them up and never had a problem getting level.

The nice thing about the wood, Its heavy duty and can be used for other purposes.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:32 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
In my humble opinion, the plastic blocks are not worth the money they cost. Depending on the weight of your motor home, they can warp. One foot sections of 2x10s or 12"x12" pieces of 3/4" plywood are the best. I have eight pieces of the foot square plywood that I carry and use often. I have seen some screw pieces of the plywood together but I prefer to keep them separate so I can stack them as needed.
Thank you. I was wondering about this myself. I have a class A at about 30,000 lbs and I was looking for plastic blocks to place under the leveling feet so they do not push into the ground. I will give the 2x10 a chance and cut it into 4 pieces as this solution seems to be about $100.00 cheaper. Thank you for this information.

Thanks
signet63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 05:12 PM   #7

Name:   IMG_6749.JPG
Views: 983
Size:  39.2 KB
Utility blocks....
WillandJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Well I don't have any "tips' for leveling but I do have a "tip" that will help you with future posts:

Put your MH information into your signature
Take a couple of minutes to fill out your signature with information about your motorhome (MH) so we can better offer advice. This will really help in all future posts.
You do this by:
1) Going to the top of this page and click the top left tab named “User CP”
2) Look at the menu on the left and scroll down to “Settings & Options” and click “Edit Signature”
3) In that text box type all the information about your MH. Year, model, length, mileage, any aftermarket extras installed and so on.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling