Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2015, 05:07 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Levelling jacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini5362 View Post
kwikee is your steps

I believe you are mistaken. I cannot imagine your leveling jacks being electric they might be but more likely are hydraulic. if you look at the panel where the hydraulic pump is there should be a controller beside it with lights and fuses check the fuses and see if they are good.
Hello there - yes, you are right - the jacks are hydraulic. We looked at the pane where the hydraulic pump is, and looked over the fuses, but we didn't see any that are labelled jacks - will check again. Thanks so much,
Moscow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2015, 06:13 AM   #16

I have HWH jacks that require engine running, parking brake set before jacks come done. I had a problem before when one jack would not come done because the resorvoir was low. Once we filled it back to proper level all worked ok. Can you check your hydraulic fluid resorvoir? Mine is located behind driver wheel on the pump in front of driver side slide.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:52 PM   #17

Can you hear the pump running when you press the level button? Are the lights on the control panel lit? Could be several things, need more information.
LINADR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 11:16 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINADR View Post
Can you hear the pump running when you press the level button? Are the lights on the control panel lit? Could be several things, need more information.
No, we do not hear the pump running. The automode light flicks back and & forth between green & red for about 30 seconds, and then stops - and nothing happens.
Old 10-07-2015, 03:06 PM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Nobody has ask this question far as I can see:

WHAT DOES the jack control panel say? (What LED's are Glowing)..

For example "Set Parking Brake" may be flashing, even if the brake is set.. I can tell you how to fix this.

NO lights at all is also indicative of a problem.. One of which is easy to fix. the rest of which are expensive to fix.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:19 PM   #20

you might look for your thermal breaker in the hydraulics bay - if it has tripped (maybe a yellow "flag" popped out), you'll need to reset it. The flashing indicators may mean you need to reset the breaker - did in mine.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:45 AM   #21
Commercial Member

moscow, what brand of leveling jacks do you have? look at the touch panel. the name of the mfg will be on there. it makes a difference. how it operates, and the repair of the system depends on the brand. if its hwh, i can help. 602-549-3638/ i do work for hwh.
i do not sell parts or solicit service work on this forym.
paul maddox
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 03:09 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Hello azpete - the levelling jacks are Kwikee - are you familiar with that type. thanks very much, Catherine
Old 10-09-2015, 06:28 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
kwikee is your steps

I believe you are mistaken. I cannot imagine your leveling jacks being electric they might be but more likely are hydraulic.
The Kwikee brand name also appears on some jack systems (Kwikee is part of Power Gear).

And yes, there are electric jacks on some lighter weight coaches. However, not on this one.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks