Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2022, 02:26 PM   #1

Lippert Level Up jack won't stay down after leveling

For whatever reason, my left rear Jack will not stay in contact with the ground. It clearly touches during the auto-level sequence but within a day or so, it's six inches or so off the ground. A gentleman at our last campground offered to help me with it but we were leaving too soon to get anything done. After searching, all I can find is people with the opposite problem: their jacks drift down when they should be up in the stored position. I'm sure there's a hydraulic leak somewhere but not sure if this is over my level of fixing or not. Appreciate any helpful suggestions. Thanks.
TimmyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2022, 02:52 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
If you have no external leaks; The jacks each have a valve that keeps the pressure in the line, to keep the jack in position. Either it's leaking internally, or the manual screw on the end of it is not tight.
Old 01-04-2022, 02:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryStone View Post
If you have no external leaks; The jacks each have a valve that keeps the pressure in the line, to keep the jack in position. Either it's leaking internally, or the manual screw on the end of it is not tight.
OK, thanks. I'm assuming at the top of the jack? I peeked up there but the light wasn't great so I could really tell exactly what I was looking at.
Old 01-04-2022, 03:10 PM   #4

If you have a PowerGear Hyd jack system (now Lippert), the leak most likely
is at the hyd pump. If the jack or the hyd lines were leaking down you would have hyd (ATF) on the ground under the coach. Most likely a valve problem.
There is one valve for both of the front jack and two valves that are for each
of the rear jacks. Plus a dump valve.

Slow leak most likely is an o ring problem in the specfic valve for
the problem jack.
Not a hard issue to solve. PG/Lippert has very good online manuals.
Take a look at them.
Regards,
JimB
JBDISCOVERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 03:17 PM   #5

the other poster was referring to the valves on top of the manifold at the pump.there are four valves one for each jack. the allen screw at the end must be turned tight counter clockwise to close the valve so it holds hydraulic pressure. if screw is loose it will allow fluid bleed back.
jeanluc001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 03:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBDISCOVERY View Post
If you have a PowerGear Hyd jack system (now Lippert), the leak most likely
is at the hyd pump. If the jack or the hyd lines were leaking down you would have hyd (ATF) on the ground under the coach. Most likely a valve problem.
There is one valve for both of the front jack and two valves that are for each
of the rear jacks. Plus a dump valve.

Slow leak most likely is an o ring problem in the specfic valve for
the problem jack.
Not a hard issue to solve. PG/Lippert has very good online manuals.
Take a look at them.
Regards,
JimB
Will check them out. Thanks!
Old 01-04-2022, 03:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanluc001 View Post
the other poster was referring to the valves on top of the manifold at the pump.there are four valves one for each jack. the allen screw at the end must be turned tight counter clockwise to close the valve so it holds hydraulic pressure. if screw is loose it will allow fluid bleed back.
I only have three because the fronts work off the same one, but at least I know where to look! Thanks!

Tags
leveling, lippert