Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2016, 09:59 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Lippert leveling part help needed

I have a 2011 Monaco Knight with the Lippert (LCI) 3-point hydraulic leveling system. I had a problem when I went to auto-retract, all the jacks fully extended to the point all the wheels were off the ground. After many discussions with Lippert support and trying to manually retract the jacks (which didn't work), the problem was determined to be the Control Valve was stuck in the extend position. Lippert has this valve on their website and in their documentation but when I call Lippert parts, they say it's no longer available and I would have to buy a whole new pump assembly!!! The Lippert part number is 259524 and is called 4-way valve. This valve directs the flow from the pump to either extend or retract the jacks. I tried calling Monaco on the chance they might have it but no luck there. I suspect the valve was made by Hydac but there are many different versions of this valve that look the same. Lippert won't tell me who made the valve for them or the part number of the valve.

Looking for suggestions on where I might be able to buy this valve or even how to get the manufacturer/part number that Lippert renumber to their part number 259524.

Thanks!
desertvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2016, 11:05 AM   #2

I hate when companies renumber a part and make it difficult if not impossible to find. Have you looked closely at the part in question, as many times the mfg will mark it in a way that you can reference it. I see Hydac has a downloadable catalog that may be of some help. I saw where lippert states you can release the pressure using an Allen wrench. If you can get the pressure off, a hydraulic shop may be able to repair it. Good luck to you. Also be very careful when and if you can release pressure so your in the clear.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
powderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 08:59 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
The manual mode of retracting the jacks would not work since this 4-way Control Valve was stuck in the extend position. After discussions with Lippert tech support, I found out that the Control Valve can safely be removed even with the weight of the coach on the jacks. I removed the valve and only an ounce or so of fluid came out. After a good cleaning and manually working the internal punger, I was able to get the valve unstuck. While it was out, I carefully looked all over it for a manufacturer/part number and there was nothing written on it at all. I replaced the valve and was able to get the jacks retracted (Yea, wheels back on the ground!!!).

I will not be using the jacks again until I can replace this 4-way valve. Hydac has many valves the look like it but are different internally.

Still looking for help in determining the part number. Hoping someone that works at Lippert might see this post and check the Lippert Source Control Drawing for the 259524 4-way valve and PM me the part number LOL.

Thanks!
Old 11-18-2016, 11:39 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Just to close out this thread, I was able to determine the valve I needed. It was a Deltrol DSV2-080-4CO-N and I was able to buy it from PJ Trailer Parts in Texas (it's used on hydraulic dump trailers). This is the data sheet for the valve:

http://www.deltrolfluid.com/sites/de...V2-080-4CO.pdf

This is the Control Valve with the black and white wires on the Lippert jack system. I installed the new valve and the jacks are working great!
Old 11-18-2016, 11:55 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
AWESOME closing post!

You're very resourceful...congrats.
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags