Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2023, 07:14 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikervet View Post
I did not try any other of the aftermarket solutions. There are countless articles to read. Some folks say they helped somewhat. There are many articles from folks that have tried that route and then decided to go with LS. Consensus was there was no comparison after LS. It is not the total solution, but I have decided it was the best choice out there for me. You may want to talk to Wayne Wells at LS. He is a wealth of knowledge and has an impressive background.
For my two cents and $25-30,000 dollars it best be the total solution.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2023, 07:28 AM   #58

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyrlef View Post
For my two cents and $25-30,000 dollars it best be the total solution.
"LS" provides the ride & handling, equal to, if not better than a "solid front axle DP", of any manufacturer, and still about $56,000 less!

A neighbor with a "competitive" make, said mine drives & rides better than his.

I guess "Total Solution", is in the eyes & mind of the individual!

Biggest thing.......ENJOY YOUR RV!!
Jabber Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 09:37 PM   #59

I'm getting ready to really enjoy mine! Liquid Springs will be installed at the end of this month.
Thanks,
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 32SA
High Road Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 08:37 AM   #60

Liquid Springs

I had 4 corner LS installed on my 2022 Tiffin 32SA in April 2022 at the factory. The coach only had 1400 miles on it and was unbearable to drive. I have driven about 3000 miles after LS was installed. I was able to drive over some of the same roads pre and post installation. The coach drives much more comfortably. Almost no sway and ride comfort is better. When you hit a bad bump, it still feels like a bad bump. I would compare the ride to my 2015 Ram 2500 which is good. Overall I feel LS was the best option available and I am happy with it. I do have high standards. I have never driven a DP so I cannot make a comparison there. If you want ride and driving improvement, I think you will be satisfied but if you are looking for a magic carpet ride you probably won't find that no matter what you try. I would strongly encourage you to test drive a coach that has it installed so you know what to expect.
mikervet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 10:20 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabber Jaw View Post
"LS" provides the ride & handling, equal to, if not better than a "solid front axle DP", of any manufacturer, and still about $56,000 less!

Is the "competitive" make Kelderman? And how much better?
Old 01-10-2023, 07:22 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabber Jaw View Post

If you have a gas coach that you like and installing Liquid Springs makes you like it even more, then that is your money well spent.

Just don't expect to get much, if any, of that money back if/when you sell it.
bentjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 04:23 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentjm View Post
If you have a gas coach that you like and installing Liquid Springs makes you like it even more, then that is your money well spent.

Just don't expect to get much, if any, of that money back if/when you sell it.

Don’t understand your logic here….Like anything else on a motor home LS will depreciate but in the end the RV with LS will be worth more than the same RV without this option, both as a trade in, or a private sale….
Just plain economics…. You may not want to spend more money on a RV with LS, but there are many many others that will…just try to make an install appointment at the factory, you will be waiting months….
Ginton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 10:15 PM   #64

Buying Liquid Springs for a gas RV is just like buying any RV; it is not an investment, it is buying something you want to enjoy.
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 32SA
High Road Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 03:35 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginton View Post
Don’t understand your logic here….Like anything else on a motor home LS will depreciate but in the end the RV with LS will be worth more than the same RV without this option, both as a trade in, or a private sale….
Just plain economics…. You may not want to spend more money on a RV with LS, but there are many many others that will…just try to make an install appointment at the factory, you will be waiting months….
The "plain economics" of the resale value of any upgrade to a Class A motorhome is that it is purely in the hands of the purchaser.

Liquid Springs is an expensive upgrade that very few purchasers of a gas Class A have even heard about.

That is my logic.
bentjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 07:51 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentjm View Post
The "plain economics" of the resale value of any upgrade to a Class A motorhome is that it is purely in the hands of the purchaser.

Liquid Springs is an expensive upgrade that very few purchasers of a gas Class A have even heard about.

That is my logic.
I’d noted someone mentioning they should see a return on the investment on resale, but as you say that’s not how it works. Even on homes (real property) the r.o.i. for improvements is relatively negligible. ie., if both of us are selling identical mh’s ( same age, mileage, etc., except yours has a 25k suspension upgrade, the average buyer would have to be convinced the extra cost for the LS upgrade justifies the extra cost. That in a nutshell is why manufacturers aren’t broadly adding the upgrade. Otherwise, if it’s worth it to you, then that’s where the value resides. I know I recently decided to take I-20 through the heart of Shreveport/ Bossier City instead of going around on the 220 bypass and literally thought the wheels were going to come off, I suspect there would have been value in LS’s on that occasion ( for me) for sure.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 10:25 AM   #67

Forest River Owners Club
I had the four corner install done on my 2022 Encore and had the Safe T plus installed at the same time. At the time of install I had put 1100 white knuckle miles on the coach. I have to say LS really the single best upgrade decision I have made.
The steering (over)correction I experienced before was ridiculous.
I have put another 2k miles on the coach with LS. I average 10 mph faster highway speeds just due to better handling and braking. I drive in standard mode with mostly one hand one the wheel, much like my F150.
Yes it was an investment but the increased comfort and control PLUS the fact that my wife and kids are inside with me, made it worth it.
Another added bonus is the height adjustment feature when leveling in a camp sight I am able to raise or lower the rear or all four corners so that the jacks don't have to extend too far and I can keep the wheels on the ground.

The install was done at R&H Spring in Wall NJ.
leroygfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 10:20 PM   #68

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wog099 View Post
I'm getting ready to really enjoy mine! Liquid Springs will be installed at the end of this month.
Thanks,
Would it be possible to do a comparison by putting on something on your dash and and videoing a before and after comparison. I have gps unit that I finally had to put in using place bean bag mount with the bottom Velcro’s to the dash to keep it from falling off all the time. It stays in place now but is constantly bouncing.

Just something that would demonstrate the difference in ride smoothness whatever that happens to be. As you can tell it might answer some questions.

Thanks!
wdcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 04:48 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroygfy View Post
I had the four corner install done on my 2022 Encore and had the Safe T plus installed at the same time. At the time of install I had put 1100 white knuckle miles on the coach. I have to say LS really the single best upgrade decision I have made.
The steering (over)correction I experienced before was ridiculous.
I have put another 2k miles on the coach with LS. I average 10 mph faster highway speeds just due to better handling and braking. I drive in standard mode with mostly one hand one the wheel, much like my F150.
Yes it was an investment but the increased comfort and control PLUS the fact that my wife and kids are inside with me, made it worth it.
Another added bonus is the height adjustment feature when leveling in a camp sight I am able to raise or lower the rear or all four corners so that the jacks don't have to extend too far and I can keep the wheels on the ground.

The install was done at R&H Spring in Wall NJ.

My LS manual says to put LS in lowest position and then turn off before using the leveling jacks. Does yours say something different?
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 05:02 AM   #70

Even with just the rear on our E450 the amount of correction needed on the highway before and after was a huge difference. I could drive all day after the install and not feel exhausted from driving.

Minor corrections needed from passing semis instead of getting blown around.

Even the DW mentioned I seemed a whole lot more comfortable driving after the install.

From the investment standpoint, we just traded in our Forester that had them installed. I added the price of the LS, 5 star tuner, and hardwired EMS into the number we wanted for the trade. Added to values looked up from various places.

They came within a grand of the number so we got our investment back.

When parking in a campground or in our driveway the nice part was being able to raise or lower the rear if needed.

In our drive I could raise the rear before shutting off and was level enough to turn on the fridge, no longer needing to use jacks.

At campgrounds I would determine whether normal, lowered, or raised would get us closer to level - set that then do the jacks. Minimized the amount the jacks needed extended to level the coach.

Never did use auto level after the installation though. Since the system essentially locks up the suspension when turned off there is about zero play as with the original springs. This meant that when auto leveling it would potentially pick the rear wheels off the ground…so manual leveling only after the install.
Gumpster808 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
test