Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #1

List of Class A Diesel with Bunkhouses

Hello everyone! I've been lurking for a bit while we are researching our first Class A purchase and really appreciate all the great information everyone shares here. In that manner, I'd like my first post to also contribute.

I've seen a lot of families asking about Class A diesel rigs with bunkhouses and while it's not too hard to find the newest models it's quite a bit more difficult to find a complete list of all made over the past 10 years.

My list is not complete and I need to add to it notes and the years that these rigs were made but I bet with a bit of help we can get a pretty complete listing. So here goes!

Fleetwood Discovery 40g
Fleetwood Bounder 34B
Fleetwood Expedition 38b
Fleetwood Discovery 42a
Forest River Berkshire 390bh
Forrest River Charleston 430BH
Gulf Stream Tourmaster TF40U
Gulf Stream Independence
Monaco Knight 40PBT
Monaco Cayman 40PBT
Newmar Ventana LE 3843
Newmar Ventana 4043
Newmar 3942
newmar 3950 2008-2010?
Newmar All Star 4154 2007-9 Bunks
Newmar All Star 3951 2007-09 Loft Bunk area
Sportcoach/Coachmen- various
Thor Palazzo 33.3
Thor Astoria 40BQ
Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
Tiffen Phaeton 40 QKH same room
Winnebago Journey 39n/Itasca Meridian 39N 2008-10?

FWIW, we are shopping for a Fleetwood Discovery 42a so if anyone has one they are interested in selling let me know! The Tiffin Allegro Red is pretty tempting too but as we will be doing 1 year on the road having that 2nd toilet and the kid's own room would be very good for livability!
colinmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We looked at the 42A but there is almost no counter space in the kitchen. Ended up with the Discovery 40G and like it so far.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigls2 View Post
We looked at the 42A but there is almost no counter space in the kitchen. Ended up with the Discovery 40G and like it so far.
I'm quickly finding that I'd really like to custom build one as there's elements of so many different units that we like!
colinmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:12 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
If you want 1 1/2 baths (which IMO, would be a must for a family coach if it was in my budget), I believe the only choice from the factory is the Discovery 42A but you can also get other 1 1/2 bath floorplans modified. Fleetwood / American Coach will do it so you could easily do a Revolution 42T, Eagle 45T or Heri 45T (although in that one, you'd probably want the toilet relocated (like in the 42T/45T) so it's probably a much bigger remodel). I believe Newmar will also do it and they have a number of floorplans with rear bath with a large closet that could be modifed for bunks (Ven 4346, DS 4347, MA 4347, Essex 4547). I've heard Tiffin will not do modifications like these. There are probably others that I can't think of right now. The one thing that's nice with the 42A is that it's an actual room as oppose to just beds. You could get a small room in a Rev 42T or the Newmars but they would be quite a bit smaller. You could also probably get 3 or 4 beds in the 42A with some remodeling - that's probably not an option with the others unless you have 3 high bunks.

If you are willing to skip the 1 1/2 bath then there are a bunch of options both that come with bunks from the factory or that would be suitable to customize with bunks. You can add Winnebago Forza 38R to your list as a new one. As far as Sportscoach, the have the Cross Country 385DS

Looking at the Palazzos, I'd be interested to see if Thor comes up with something like a '36.3' with bunks. I think that could be real popular for families.
michelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:47 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You can add this new model from Winnebago (Forza, the Soliel is the Itasca version)

puttin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel