Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileRick View Post
After 2 summers of multiple trips and weekends, we have not figured out the most efficient way to pack/ unpack the RV. Looking for any tips and tricks folks have for making that a quick and painless process.
I have 'Living Stuff' and 'Camping Stuff'. The camping stuff stays in the RV, the living stuff stays in the house. The only thing I have to load in the RV to go camping is food.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Agree with two sets of everything that can be duplicate...
the other stuff, we deal with....

I LIKE the idea of washing the rv sheets, etc... the day we are leaving, but typically we are a long way from home and want to get an early start so the king size sheets can carry a lot of dirty stuff

We also have fold up laundry 'nets' not baskets, that carry the linens, etc TO the rv, then act as dirty clothes hampers to cary it TO the laundry room

usually we coming in we drive right to the house and pull the second ar out to the end of the drive and that's our shuttle bus - pretty painless most of the time... while I'm emptying, the wife is vacuming and wiping down....

if too tire to do it then, we bring in the food, etc, bring the rv to storage, and then do it over the next week since we have power at the storage area...

always have to be ready to vacation at the drop of the hat !!!
Old 10-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
The only thing I have to load in the RV to go camping is food.
So I take it that you're not much of a beer drinker?
Grumpy ole man with over 60 years towing experience. Now my heaviest trailer is a 7'x16' 5,000-pound flatbed utility trailer, my tow vehicle is a 2019 F-150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost SuperCab with Max Tow (1,904 pounds payload capacity).
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:02 PM   #18

We have about 5 clothes baskets, and try to load them up with food, and clothes and set by the front door. When I bring the MH home we carry the baskets to MH and put things away. Then load the baskets with cold stuff for the frig. I try to put the food for the trip in the garage frig to make it easier. Still a lot of work. I prefer to bring Mh home a day or two early and pack, but then you sort of are announcing to the world you are leaving for a while. Luckily we have great neighbors Same in reverse when we come home. We never leave food that my attract rodents in the MH. I even keep the toaster in a plastic container, because you can never get all the bread crumbs out of it.
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:58 AM   #19
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
We would wash sheets, towels, etc that stay in the RV when we got home as it was easier and cheaper than using the CG machines, and who knows what was in the CG machines before you.

Like the others, we kept clothes baskets or boxes at home and we would put anything that was destined for the RV in there.

Some toiletries we left in the RV......anything to reduce the need to take stuff back and forth.

Quote:
Ok, so furnish the RV just like the house. Only need to pack clothing and food. Unpack only clothing food and laundry. Right? So does anyone launder the sheets and towels the day they leave the CG to avoid having to move those back and forth? Anyone have good ideas for toiletries?

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:33 AM   #20

Quote:
After 2 summers of multiple trips and weekends, we have not figured out the most efficient way to pack/ unpack the RV. Looking for any tips and tricks folks have for making that a quick and painless process.
I think it depends on where you store your RV and available power. We do not have 120vac at our storage so the reefer is off until we start packing the RV. That means we bring the frozen/cold food from home. We use soft sided coolers for transport of frozen/cold and put the coolers in the reefer until reefer is cold (about 2 hours). The coolers fold up for storage and we use them for daytrips. Any clothing and other "stuff" are brought the day before leaving. We use trash bags for bringing stuff and then reuse the bags. That's about it except for valuables like cameras/etc.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:57 AM   #21

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyWren View Post
Beer is liquid bread, and falls into the 'food' category. AND, the RV already has its own stock of adult beverages.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:44 AM   #22
YC1

when loading refer stuff from the house to the rv parked in front we used plastic buss trays. I loaded and carried, she unloaded and put in refer. Worked for all types of items as well.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #23

Before leavening CG put the dirty clothes or anything else that will go to the house that will not perish in toad, when get home unhook toad park MOHO drive car home and unload. When going camping just load up car drive too MOHO, unload and hookup. Where I park camper I have power so usually leave food in ref.
ccrider, is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:06 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I have way to much stuff in the motorhome. So either tomorrow or Tuesday I'm unloading all the bays and sort through to see what will go back in. I haven't used half that stuff and its just stacked in there. So I'm going to reduce the amount of stuff under there and inside. It will lighten my load.

I have a w/d onboard so can wash most things except the bedspread and throwrugs. Maybe I could but they are pretty big and heavy so do those in the house.

I leave cookware, dishes, towels, sheets etc in the motorhome. I removed all clothing and shoes this time. I used to leave food and boxed items but up here we have mice, so what I leave in from now on I will have to keep in sealed plastic containers, I threw it all away this time. Also I keep litter box liners and litter in the motorhome.

This time we are pulling out the bay mats and cleaning all that underneath, a water tank sprung a leak we think and I don't want it to smell so a very thorough cleaning down under

But ordinarily cold foods and clothes are pretty much it. I leave toiletries onboard too. I also take extra diesel oil and antifreeze, she is old and you never know I might need it. I told hubby to get me some new fuel filters too just in case.
PatStab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:25 PM   #25

About the only thing I can think of to add is, only store things you unload before you set up,under the slide. It saves banging your head later.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:55 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyWren View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
Beer is liquid bread, and falls into the 'food' category. AND, the RV already has its own stock of adult beverages.
Camping - beer = not camping.

Back when I was drinking heavy, I made sure I had enough for the weekend and enough to relax and help me unloaded at home.

Had some fellow campers that always had to go into town to get more beer. Come On! Buy enough! You know you're going to drink it anyway.

I had nightmares where I dreamed I got to camp without any adult beverages. Woke up in a cold sweat.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:44 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTWERKE View Post
About the only thing I can think of to add is, only store things you unload before you set up,under the slide. It saves banging your head later.

Done Dat a Bunch! You would think I could figure out what to put there ...
Old 10-14-2013, 07:02 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTWERKE View Post
Took me almost a year to get round to redoing the bay storage to avoid that.
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote