Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2015, 10:13 AM   #1

Locating harness for electronic brake controller

I am trying to locate the factory harness for my electronic brake controller, I have searched without success. I have a 7 wire outlet on the hitch so I am making the assumption that it is pre-wired. I bought the cable for Ford as this is a f53 chassis. Any help would be awesome. I am stuck at the race track until I can get this going.

Zachary
rackovanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2015, 10:47 AM   #2

Zachary-

This Ford Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) Q-206 may answer your question.

What are the year, make and model of your RV?

Mark
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Q-206.pdf (1.30 MB, 83 views)
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 11:08 AM   #3

Thanks Mark I will have to take a look at it today. FYI it is a 2000 coachmen santara class a
rackovanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 03:30 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Mine was next to the fire wall on driver side about half way brown in the middle of the rats nest of wires. Just above the brake pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 10-20-2015, 08:25 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

Hi ALL,
Quick question,I just purchased a 2013 Allegro 36LA and it hard wired trailer plug in the back.Can I plug a brake controller into that plug without cutting into the harness? Thank you for your Help.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:39 PM   #6

Billy-

To make it plug-and-play, you need to buy a cable adapter that fits your brake controller on one end and the Ford 6-pin plug on the other. A sample is at this URL:

Tekonsha Plug-In Wiring Adapter for Electric Brake Controllers - Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tekonsha Accessories and Parts 3035-P

etrailer sells them. You should confirm with them (or your supplier of choice) that the adapter is correct for your controller and coach chassis (I assumed a Ford F53, but you know about assumptions ...).

Also, without the wiring diagram for your coach I can't be sure that the controller wires make it to the hitch plug. You should confirm that, too.

Mark
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 09:52 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks Mark,
I believe that will work.I will probably get the controller and harness from e-trailer.I buy through them a lot.

Tags
brake, cat