Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2015, 12:19 PM   #1

Location of the fuse panel in a 2006 Fleetwood Discovery

My Husband needs to find the Fuse panel on our 2005 Fleetwood Discovery. He has called Fleetwood and the lady that he talked to could not tell him where they are. The problem is that when we first hooked up the tow vehicle all the lights worked. Now, when the tow vehicle is hooked up, everything works except the left blinker (on the tow vehicle and the Motorhome). Does anyone know where the fuse box is?
clintbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2015, 01:22 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
Sorry to hear that you guys are struggling.. And that Fleetwood wasn't able to answer you? I admit to being surprised that Fleetwood couldn't give you an answer on this one, as they are typically very well-informed and helpful. I would advise that you try again but this time ask to talk to someone who knows the location of the fuses, and don't hang up until you get your answer. In my Fleetwood, I have fuses located in several different places so you'll want to be specific when you talk to them on the phone.

(My Discovery is a 2013, and I have fuses located in my electrical compartment, in the battery compartment, under the dash, and house-fuses are in my master bedroom. I suspect there are other fuses that I haven't located yet too!)

Sorry that I couldn't be more useful!
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:52 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My signal fuses are in the locker on the passenger side directly behind the rear wheels. My RV is on a Spartan chassis, so yours might be different. I had another diesel rig and they were about the same place. Spartan told me they hang the box loosely on the chassis and Fleetwood mounts it permanently wherever they want in the final build. Freightliner probably does the same thing. I'd look somewhere around there...
Old 06-24-2015, 06:47 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
On my coach, which is also a Spartan chassis, there is a fuse boxs in electrical compartment, one on the other side in same location, one in front bay drivers side, one under the front hood and of course one under the dash. My guess would be to check the one on passenger side just behind rear wheels, that is where most of my fuses blow, then check the one up front on drivers side. So far, have not had any fueses blow in electrical compartment bay, which is a real PIA for me to check.
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:42 AM   #5

"My Husband needs to find the Fuse panel on our 2005 Fleetwood Discovery."

You have multiple fuse panels in different locations, for different systems. There is a 12vdc fuse panel behind the swing out tray under the front dash, there is a 120vac fuse/breaker panel under the side of your bed, but the tail/brake/turn signal light fuses are in your outside electrical bin; where the inverter/converter/BCC are located.
If you don't find a bad fuse there, many of these tail/turn signal light issues can also be caused by bad connections or bad grounds that have come loose or corroded over the years. get some electrical contact cleaner spray and use it to clean the connection pins in your towing cables and sockets, once a year.
Jim2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:00 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
You can find other owners of your year Discovery that may have had the same problem.
At Discovery Owners $$
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:54 PM   #7

Thanks for all the information. He found it in the passenger side compartment behind the back wheels. It had lots of wires incased in tubing & bonded together with zip ties covering the top of the fuse boxes. He found the blown fuse and hopefully that fixed it. I made labels for the fuse boxes in that compartment. Thanks again!
clintbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:42 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
Good to hear it! Labeling the fuse is a super idea. In our 2013, many of the wires/fuses look like they were labeled at one point, but unfortunately many of those labels are tucked so far up inside various cavities that it's impossible to read them, while other labels (if they existed at one point) have fallen off. Still, I'm happy to see that they at least tried to label these things! There's so much crammed into these beasts that a label maker seems an absolute essential item to have if one is going to be able to maintain them.
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 04:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statgeek View Post

(My Discovery is a 2013, and I have fuses located in my electrical compartment, in the battery compartment, under the dash, and house-fuses are in my master bedroom. I suspect there are other fuses that I haven't located yet too!)

Sorry that I couldn't be more useful!
Quite the contrary, that was incredibly useful!

I've been struggling with a bunch of electrical gremlins on my Discovery 40G and Fleetwood couldn't tell me where that box was... Going by the size of the connections I thought that box was for high power circuits since it's by the mains power reel... it's not!

Turns out it houses all the non-chassis circuits! I finally have my power mirrors back!!!
justinpirie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, fleetwood, fuse, panel