Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2021, 08:37 PM   #1

Location of Water Pump

Hello!!

We just traded in our Winnebego Sunstar LX for a 2021 HOLIDAY RAMBLER INVICTA and lo and behold we can’t figure out where the water pump is (to winterize)... help?!? Thanks!!
Adventure89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2021, 09:53 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I will assume you’ve looked in the water bay, but..... does your water bay have a false panel? It would be where all the switches, valves, and line connections for the water system are mounted. Look behind this panel. Your pump will be in the most awkward to access location.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:58 PM   #3

I need your water pump if you can’t even hear it. Mine isn’t bad but isn’t hard to hear.
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 10:13 PM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Did you find the water pump in your Invicta. I just bought one and have the same dilemma. Where is the drain for the fresh water tank?
TAF45377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 07:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAF45377 View Post
Did you find the water pump in your Invicta. I just bought one and have the same dilemma. Where is the drain for the fresh water tank?
It’s behind the small panel at the base of the shower. I’m still looking for the pump.
Dcass2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 05:04 PM   #6

what model of Invicta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcass2021 View Post
It’s behind the small panel at the base of the shower. I’m still looking for the pump.

I don't see any kind of removable panel at the base of the shower in our Invicta HB33. What model of Invicta are you sharing your knowledge from? Maybe I should ask what is at the base of the shower if you haven't found the pump yet? The pump is what I have been looking for. I think it is suppose to be located under the bed but there is not an easy access to that compartment. I haven't tried removing any screws. We bought our Invicta in Birch Run in the state up north in early September and it's been in the shop in North Canton since October 14th. Waiting on replacement parts. The young lady who gave us the "walk thru" wasn't very knowledgeable of our model. Should couldn't tell us where the pump was nor the location of the drain for fresh water tank. You would have thought she would have checked with someone after the tour, but she didn't. We are hoping a tech can point us in the right direction. Why would you place a water pump in place that didn't have easy access.
Old 11-15-2021, 06:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcass2021 View Post
I confirmed that there was a panel beneath the shower and behind it was the shut-off valve. I picked up our HB33 today and it was supposed have been winterized. The display panel showed that the fresh water tank was half full. I was concerned and questioned our service rep and he said the tech told him that low point drains was suppose to empty the tank. They sent out another tech and he started going through all the compartments thinking there should be a drain valve. I told them that I had read here that the valve was suppose to be below the shower. After getting a screw driver he found it which confirmed the location. I don't know what would have happened if they would not have found that valve. What kind of damage would have done. Seem to take forever for that tank to drain (about 2 hours).
The water pump is suppose to be under the bed. I didn't make them open it up to show it to me. They had to access it to pump the anti-freeze through the system.
Two important items that should have easy access our placed in strange places. Thanks for your help Dcass2021
Old 11-16-2021, 11:15 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAF45377 View Post
I confirmed that there was a panel beneath the shower and behind it was the shut-off valve. I picked up our HB33 today and it was supposed have been winterized. The display panel showed that the fresh water tank was half full. I was concerned and questioned our service rep and he said the tech told him that low point drains was suppose to empty the tank. They sent out another tech and he started going through all the compartments thinking there should be a drain valve. I told them that I had read here that the valve was suppose to be below the shower. After getting a screw driver he found it which confirmed the location. I don't know what would have happened if they would not have found that valve. What kind of damage would have done. Seem to take forever for that tank to drain (about 2 hours).
The water pump is suppose to be under the bed. I didn't make them open it up to show it to me. They had to access it to pump the anti-freeze through the system.
Two important items that should have easy access our placed in strange places. Thanks for your help Dcass2021
Scary service visit. They don't seem to have any idea what they are doing....I would move and find another place. Not sure why they needed to access the pump to winterize unless there aren't the typical winterization fittings built into the RV to siphon antifreeze into the system. If those dont' exist, I would have someone (that knows what they are doing) to put that in so it's easier each time the system needs winterization.

Can't imagine bringing something complicated into that service facility...
Old 09-30-2022, 10:25 AM   #9

water pump location

On my 2021 Invicta it is under the bed on the stationary platform. Open the slideout, fold up the bed and remove the top panel where the bed lies. it is on the left side back toward the outside edge of the rv behind the inverter and converter units. Very easy to change the pump once you get there. I don't think you need to access the pump for winterizing though. I think you just hook up to the winterizing port under the kitchen sink, switch the valve and run the water system if I remember correctly.

George
gpease3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, pump, water, water pump