Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2021, 08:59 AM   #1

Long term storage settings

I have an all electric coach and just experienced my first complete rundown of the house batteries while in storage. Something apparently flipped the breaker on the shore power, completely running down the batteries. Was was able to get everything back, but what a pain.

I've got quite a bit of 120v that runs through the inverter. All the appliance for example. I was thinking about flipping the 120v breakers for everything except the inverter itself to maximize the batteries in the event of a power outage.

Any potential issues I need to be aware of?
GWBGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2021, 09:03 AM   #2

I would think that would be no problem, but you should also be able to turn off the inverter.
SKP Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 03:26 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There is not reason to flip all of the breakers. When putting up for the winter you should open circuit (you know, flip the house and chassis battery disconnect switches) all of the batteries so there is no drain on them. If you have solar they will keep the batteries charged up.
Is there any reason you want to keep the power applied to everything while you aren't using it? Yes I understand you have shore a shore power hookup but you see what happened and it will happen again. Beside you can cook the batteries due to them not being used but continually charging.
However if you look at the recommendations from the generator MFG, they say to run it monthly under full load for about an hour or two and you should do that.

Tags
storage