Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2012, 05:49 AM   #1

Looking at 2006 Winnebago Vectra 40AD

Looking to up size to this DP 50K miles ,floor plan works for us ,3slides overall condition very good w/all options Trusted dealer ,purchased our last unit from him,excellent ,and now they are including 1 yr extended warranty on most of their coaches Wondering if others have/had this unit and thoughts Oh, 400 cummins with Allison trans Thanks in advance,Tom
rehtaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2012, 07:28 AM   #2

Hi there,

We have the 2004 version of the same RV and we just love it. The floor plan is great, we get about 9mpg on the same engine, g not sure if that's great or average but we don't mind it ). Only had one problem with the basement air that the dealer couldn't fix. (we blame the incompetence of the dealer, not Winnebago because we decided to drive to forest city and they replaced it right away and we have had no problems since. We would buy this model again in an instant. Congrats on your choice and have great travels.

John and Judy
WannaFTit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I know sometimes the brochures are not 100% correct but according to them, the 40AD was a 2005 model. Maybe they extended into 2006 but didn't update the brochures.

2005 Brochure

http://www.winnebagoind.com/products...Vectra-bro.pdf

2006 Brochure

http://www.winnebagoind.com/products...Vectra-bro.pdf

We own an 06 Adventurer and looking to upgrade in the future. One reason is that we are concerned about the GVWR for full timing (We want to carry more than just the minimum stuff) and another reason is the basement AC. That 40 AD has a GREAT floor plan! We might look for a 40KD instead to get the king bed but that might not be such a big deal.

What does hold us back on the Winnebago line is the basement AC. I would ASSUME that if you found the need could add a roof on the Vectra line and not push the GVWR problems we are concerned about if we did that same with our Adventurer.

One other thing...get it weighed! I would consider stripping out all the stuff that might be in the basement and coach storage areas and verify it's current weight. Depending on the dealer you might convince them to fill the Water, LP and fuel tanks to do that. If not, you might need to do some mental calculations on what they would add. I don't think you would need 4 corners, just axle weights to verify how much cargo capacity you would have left. It would also help you know how close your rear axle is to the GAWR since most configurations appear to run out of that before front loading is maxed out. If you find you have lots of room to add weight to the rear area, GREAT! Given a lot of reserve, you will have lots of options on where you store stuff and if you needed to add an AC unit, you could handle that too.

These are just some of my ramblings based on what I THINK I know. Maybe I am over thinking our needs and projecting them to you. LOL YMMV.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:56 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	motor home4.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	221.1 KB
ID:	24147

Name:	motor home4(1).jpg
Views:	189
Size:	349.6 KB
ID:	24148

Name:	motor home4(2).jpg
Views:	231
Size:	331.4 KB
ID:	24149

Name:	motor home 4(1).jpg
Views:	224
Size:	264.1 KB
ID:	24150
Hi rehtaf
We have a 2004 Vectra 40WD with two slides, We Love It! Ours has a 350 cummins with allison trans, we pull a 4 door 4wd pickup with it. no problem. Just a great motorhome, very comfortable to drive, stable on the highway, not to tall only 11'6".

Tags
winnebago