Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Looking at a 2008 43' Country Coach Intrigue

OK fellow IRV2ers I'm Looking at a 2008 43' Country Coach Intrigue. 22000 miles C13 525 CAT. I know the drive train info (own a trucking co) looking for imput on the coach! Tell me the good and bad! I know they were out of business from late 08 to 2010. I know there is a lot of info here to be had.
Thanks to all in advance!!!
Chow5656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #2

If it has the PTO hydraulic pump setup, make sure it was delivered with the wet spline kit. If it wasn't then the PTO splines are hammered & ready to strip, could be $5k in repairs. If it came with wet spline kit installed then you're good. IIRC the wet spline kit was a recall until the factory evaporated.
CC was no better than anybody else in pre planning PM access to stuff that breaks, so the usual grips apply as to all brands that when something breaks you have to disassemble the coach to get at vital assemblies.
If it had Intellitec lighting &other controls, that outfit is still in biz & provides excellent support from what I've heard.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
CC should be able to tell you if the Wet PTO recall was done. Just phone with the VIN number.

CC has always been know as a high end coach. The fit and finish cannot be beaten! You will not go wrong with this coach. Just negotiate the price.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #4

Country Coch was in business until the bankruptsy in 2010. Ron Lee, one of the co-founders of Country Coach bought up the intellectual property, and they have all the fiberglass form used in manufacture. They are now in the process of making a new front cap that was damaged by a tow truck driver. They have a full repair facility, and they will do a full inspection on a coach for $200. The wet spline mentioned is an issue, also some coaches had aluminum radiators that started leaking after a while. One feature that sold us for our next coach is heated floors. Most Country Coaches 2002 or newer will have them already installed. The good news is you have factory support, the bad news is they are complex like other similar coaches, so they need to be maintained.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #5

C,
Is this coach with CAT transmission?
b
buck454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck454 View Post
C,
Is this coach with CAT transmission?
b
No, has a Allison 4000
Old 06-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chow5656 View Post
No, has a Allison 4000
That's certainly a plus. We still like to get out sometimes and look at motorhomes and have looked at several CCs. In all our looking over a few years, about the prettiest MHs we have looked at was only recently when we stepped foot inside a 2008 CC Magna 630 45 Donatello.....so very nice. CC would be at top of my list if searching for MH to purchase. Good luck. b
buck454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #8

I would not be afraid of buying that coach even with the aluminum radiator and PTO.

So, in my estimation the good: Country Coach built an excellent coach
The bad: You don't own it yet
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:49 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chow5656 View Post
... I know they were out of business from late 08 to 2010. ...
Just a small clarification, as Peralko mentioned, Country Coach LLC built coaches until 2010 when they declared bankrupcy. After that Ron Lee bought the intellectual property, molds, etc from the bankrupcy sale and started Country Coach Corporation. Although one follows the other and essentially took over their business, they aren't the same company - they just have a very similar name.

As far as the coach itself, CC was one of the top makers and I don't think you have anything to really be worried about.
michelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:53 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelb View Post
Just a small clarification, as Peralko mentioned, Country Coach LLC built coaches until 2010 when they declared bankrupcy. After that Ron Lee bought the intellectual property, molds, etc from the bankrupcy sale and started Country Coach Corporation. Although one follows the other and essentially took over their business, they aren't the same company - they just have a very similar name.

As far as the coach itself, CC was one of the top makers and I don't think you have anything to really be worried about.
My original concern was parts availability of course.. And tech support as well. To what I have been told both are of no concern.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #11

I feel we have a better support network now than we did back in the old factory days. A lot of excellent x CC techs started their own business and they have excellent parts sources.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #12

Looking at a 2008 43' Country Coach Intrigue

Howdy Chow,

If the coach has been well maintained, then you will be in excellent shape. And I believe that most CC owners do keep their coaches in good repair.
You can't go wrong with a Country Coach. Top notch repair and maintenance is available in many states,
Unless you want to look at Prevost conversions, Newell or Foretravel, you are looking at a top of the line coach every bit the equal of those I mentioned.
Sorry to ramble, I should just say that Country Coach is the best coach. You will not be sorry you bought one.
I am just hoping that Mr. Lee at Country Coach is able to start making them again, as I would really like a new one.
Luck,
Bob
Bigbluedog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:14 PM   #13

Retired Fire Service RVer's
The word was that CC would start producing coaches sometime this year for 2014 model years. Have not heard anything very recently. They are indeed one of the premier coaches. You just can't imagine the material and craftsmanship that goes into these coaches!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #14

When we were looking for a new to us coach, are list was Monaco, Travel Supreme, and Country Coach. All well built in the years we were looking to buy. Good luck.