Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmusser15 View Post
Thanks for the info. Too many for sale to trust these bandits.
HoleInOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
HoleInOne... just to be clear, there are at least 4 other RV dealers in Corbin and London Kentucky... other than the one mentioned. While there may be a bad apple in the bunch, the RV dealer I worked with in Corbin and bought my MH from was totally awesome! So the point is... Just because a MH is for sale in Corbin, Ky, doesn't make it a problem rig or a bad apple. In addition to listening to people in here, do your own due diligence and BUYER BEWARE!... get a prepurchase inspection... check out their BBB ratings... get a car fax... Google them... Get a little dirty and look for yourself. If you don't do all of the above, you are just setting yourself up for problems...
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieG View Post
HoleInOne... just to be clear, there are at least 4 other RV dealers in Corbin and London Kentucky... other than the one mentioned. While there may be a bad apple in the bunch, the RV dealer I worked with in Corbin and bought my MH from was totally awesome! So the point is... Just because a MH is for sale in Corbin, Ky, doesn't make it a problem rig or a bad apple. In addition to listening to people in here, do your own due diligence and BUYER BEWARE!... get a prepurchase inspection... check out their BBB ratings... get a car fax... Google them... Get a little dirty and look for yourself. If you don't do all of the above, you are just setting yourself up for problems...
Thanks for the tips. Who did you buy from?
HoleInOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
The dealer I purchased my MH from was Day's RV/Auto Sales in Corbin. Just an FYI... "Day" is the last name of the owner. To make it especially confusing... I believe there are 4 or 5 Day brothers that each have their own RV/MH dealership in Corbin and London (the next town over) in Kentucky. I think three of them have "Day" in the name of their dealership. I can't speak for the other dealerships, but my salesman Scott Parker was very patient and helpful through the whole process. I was never pressured... as I have read... to sign anything. As a matter of fact, I was the one that wanted to "tie" the rig up, so no one else could buy it, until I decided based on an inspection, if it was for me or not. There were a couple of things, like a rear ladder extension that were missing that I received via UPS a couple of weeks after the deal closed. Scott stopped by about a month ago on his way to pick up another MH... to say hi and make sure I was happy with my purchase. He didn't have to and they didn't have to send me what didn't come with the MH but did. I can't speak for anybody else, all I can say is that my experience was a good one.
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote