Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2019, 06:38 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner View Post
Up until recently I've been looking at 36-38' coaches with tag axles.
There are not many short tags out there, but they do exist.
Who makes a 36ft with Tag? I have seen a 38 footer with Tag (a Foretravel) but that is the shortest I ever came across.
Just curious.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2019, 06:48 AM   #16

That think has been in my saved listings for a couple weeks - let me know what you think of it.

Other than the fact that it's not close to me, two things make me pause on it - the complexity and the dining situation. Hard to tell if it's ok without standing in the room.
aknavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:15 AM   #17

It is a beautiful bus and much sought after in the Bluebird world. If you decide its for you before signing any paperwork get over to the Wanderlodge Owners Group (WOG) site and ask about it on there. Good chance someone will have some knowledge to share or might even know the owner. Make no mistake you want to know its history if possible. Get service records and test EVERYTHING. Best of luck to you.
goseejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:02 AM   #18

Wow!

It's sure nice, but far larger than anything I'd ever consider.

Looking at the pictures though, one annoyance jumped right out at me. In the picture of the cockpit where the photographer was right behind the driver's seat - look at the alignment. To me, the seat seems to be well off-center in relation to the steering wheel. Our Sightseer is only about 1/2 inch off, but it annoys me at times. That misalignment seems to be inches. I couldn't tolerate that, at all.
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:28 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
I think you need to look at all that is out there, so you can make a "good for you and your DW" decision!
What is "DW"?
Burner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:38 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner View Post
What is "DW"?
Dear Wife.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:35 AM   #21

I don't see any mention of your RV'g style. Do you like more rustic camping, state parks and the like, or do you see yourself mostly in high end, resort style RV parks? If the former, I, personally wouldn't be looking at 42 footers. I realize that there's a lot in between but I think you get my point.

We're more on the rustic side and, for us, 35' is a nice sweet spot and I can't see us going over 38'.

Besides the size, the styling reminds me of a Vegas hotel, which isn't to my taste at all, but as my dad used to tell me, "there's no accounting for taste". It just doesn't fit with my T-shirt and shorts lifestyle, but if it fits your's, go for it. But don't buy it just because it seems like a good deal.
BCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:01 AM   #22

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
Who makes a 36ft with Tag? I have seen a 38 footer with Tag (a Foretravel) but that is the shortest I ever came across.
Just curious.

Country Coach made one
Old 01-03-2019, 12:08 PM   #23

Nice looking coach!
Blondiega1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:34 PM   #24

Foretravel Owners Club
These coaches are on par with Prevost conversions & Newell's..
After 30 minutes to an hour of driving you will start getting comfortable with the size and handling...DON'T Sweat the small stuff!

If all checks out and have service records....
Every coach of any class will have some short commings and may need attention..

Plan on $20k just in case you need to replace tires/air/ bags and full oil/lube/ "spiff ups" and un-detected shortfalls..Adjust the price accordingly...IT IS 12 Years young after all..

If you find that you don't need to spend all the "held back funds"... BUY MO Beer and Fishing tackle.......

Have funds "in hand" and BE HARD HEADED on the negotiations for price...
This coach (If in good shape) will NOT be on the market very long...

Take the DW and plan on spending all day looking at this beauty...
LOOK EVERYWHERE & in EVERY nook and Cranny..INSIDE AND OUT!
You WILL be impressed with the Quality...These are meant to be a "NO EXCUSES" product...

(Just tell the Wife that She should be treated like the Queen she is!)

Happy Hunting....
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:35 PM   #25

The ad says it's "hard loaded" and I'm not sure what that means.

NO mention of the engine brand or size that I could see.

The pics are beautiful!

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
BRex45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:50 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
You listened to what members said?
That thing is ginormous!
To each their own
Yes it's beautiful. Practical wouldn't be a word to describe any of it.
It's now 13 years old and moved down the hwy quite a bit.
I hope you've been around them before or get a professional to look it over if you're serious.
This is the best comment I have seen regarding the Coach.

Go into it with both eyes open and plenty of money to fix some of the high end equipment. Lot of weight to move around and higher priced tires and so on.

It is a beauty for sure and loaded. At the risk of getting bombarded again I will also say it is 13 years old and things really do age out or break over time, although there are some folks on the forum that suggest they don't
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:14 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguire View Post
This is the best comment I have seen regarding the Coach.

Go into it with both eyes open and plenty of money to fix some of the high end equipment. Lot of weight to move around and higher priced tires and so on.

It is a beauty for sure and loaded. At the risk of getting bombarded again I will also say it is 13 years old and things really do age out or break over time, although there are some folks on the forum that suggest they don't
True on many coaches, but on Wanderlodge, Foretravel, Newell, Marathon and Liberty conversions, many Country coaches etc, appears the "aging out and breaking" is a lot less prevalent because of their better quality materials and workmanship.
Have had 4 Foretravels, 1 Newell and 1 Bluebird, all of them at least 15 years old, Wanderlodge was 25 years old. Tires and upgraded electronics are the only things I ever put any large amounts of money into.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:20 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcussen View Post
True on many coaches, but on Wanderlodge, Foretravel, Newell, Marathon and Liberty conversions, many Country coaches etc, appears the "aging out and breaking" is a lot less prevalent because of their better quality materials and workmanship.
Have had 4 Foretravels, 1 Newell and 1 Bluebird, all of them at least 15 years old, Wanderlodge was 25 years old. Tires and upgraded electronics are the only things I ever put any large amounts of money into.
I don't disagree with the very nice finish of any of the coaches you mentioned. A lot of things such as AC units, heating systems, fridge, Generator and the list goes on are the same as on cheaper coaches and they do need repaired or replaced. Hourly rates can get high solving some issues. Really glad you have had such a good run and great luck. Many others have not been so lucky. The potential for some high end repairs is there and that is the point we were trying to make. Certainly not trying to denigrate buying a high end coach as all I have walked through have been very nice and most are well cared for.
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote