Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2011, 08:32 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Love our 2000 suncruiser itasca..
We constantly look at "upgrading" but cannot find a reason to.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2011, 09:17 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A friend of ours bought a Itasca Sunstar last year new, the first time out the a/c beaker would blow every 20-30 mins. They took it back to dealer I know at least 4 or 5 time last year to have it fixed. I was asking Tom just last week if they had ever got it fixed and he said no. I ask what are you going to do about it, he replied sell the dam thing can't use it like it is and
Itasca can't fix it and now its out of warranty they want to charge me. So I don't see how some of you say Fleetwood has poor customer service. We have had two Fleetwoods with very little problems and the little problems we had Fleetwood took care of.
Camping4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
This really does seem like a "Ford vs Chevy" thing.
macnkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:27 PM   #18

Hello everyone
Well the bounder was priced too high, we are not going to purchase it. Thinking after reading all of your posts that both of them are good, but we are going to look for a winnebago adventurer or an itasca suncruiser. Are these 2 products about the same in quality? Also are they about the same pecking order within their respective product lines? Thanks for all of your help...
airmoore1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:11 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It used to be that the Itasca line was slightly better in quality than the Winnebago line, but nowdays, I think they're both the same.
Ramzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:37 AM   #20

If you are purchasing from a dealer make sure you get some kind of warrantee longer then 30 days. I had several issues (leveling solenoids, range propane leak) all were repaired well after the 30 day warrantee. Heck, 6 months after the purchase they sent me four new solenoids for the HWH leveling jacks.
Bug512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:16 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Lets All agree; There is no manufacture Out there that builds BAD coaches;; That being said, It's all in personal wants, and needs, Just for a minute think of how many people/employees there are involved in the building the coach and all the parts used in building it.We all have bad days. even QUALITY CONTROL. When we buy a coach for say $300,000.00 it has the same chances of having bad parts as a $100,000 coach. Like the old saying Goes; Let he that has NEVER made a Mistake cast the first stone;; All coaches are good' You pay for what you like.. (style or brand)
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:13 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachler View Post
Lets All agree; There is no manufacture Out there that builds BAD coaches;; That being said, It's all in personal wants, and needs, Just for a minute think of how many people/employees there are involved in the building the coach and all the parts used in building it.We all have bad days. even QUALITY CONTROL. When we buy a coach for say $300,000.00 it has the same chances of having bad parts as a $100,000 coach. Like the old saying Goes; Let he that has NEVER made a Mistake cast the first stone;; All coaches are good' You pay for what you like.. (style or brand)
Sorry Bachler, I don't agree...Some companies believe in quality above everything else. Those are the companies that preach to their employees day in and day out about how important quality is and how important each customer is. That's the kind of corporation that I want to buy a coach from...not some company that just pulled itself out of Chapter 11 bankruptcy and is holding itself together on a shoestring.
Ramzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #23
AGP

Monaco Owners Club
I have owned a Fleetwood Bounder,a Winnie Brave,a Winnie Adventurer and a Journey and now I have a Fleetwood Providence .
The Bounder ,Brave and Adventurer were gas the Journey and Providence are diesels. I purchased all of them new all were good reliable rigs except the Journey I must have had a lemon lots of problems. I would not go back to Gas however I suppose it is a personel choice.
AGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:11 PM   #24

I agree with bachler and you should buy what you like and not stay away from something one person says is trouble. I have owned a itasca,HR and now a fleetwood and the revolution has been far better.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #25

If I stayed away from what people say is trouble, I would not have a RV at all. I like this forum, there is a ton of useful information and many very nice people. Reading negative reports about jacks, slides, refrigerators, engines etc, is concerning and at times down right scary. However, I tend to believe that you hear more about problems then when all is working fine. I sure hope that is the case or I own a massive piece of expensive junk!
millsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:20 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
We looked at a lot of coaches. I Liked the Holiday rambler. The wife liked the Beaver We were very close to purchasing One;; That was years ago. No as I look back HR was at the claws of bankrupcy Several times. as was Beaver . Now Monaco has Saf.Hr. Beav. And several others; Trying to keep them Going; With that being said. None of those manufacturing Plants said Now we build Bad coaches;;; They all built good coaches, vary good coaches;; What we found was there Repair network did not exist; It basicly was take it back to the factory for repair. Before you dissagree please check the facts like we did;; Winnebago, Coachman, Tiffiene, and a host of others use the Sparten or Freightliner Frame. Last time I checked Monaco was Using an In house built Chassis called Something Like Magnem Or roadmaster. Which If my memorie serves Me Was a Chrysler Development Chassic in The 1970s. A little homework ;;; Life is good;
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:39 PM   #27

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmoore1 View Post
Hello everyone
Well the bounder was priced too high, we are not going to purchase it. Thinking after reading all of your posts that both of them are good, but we are going to look for a winnebago adventurer or an itasca suncruiser. Are these 2 products about the same in quality? Also are they about the same pecking order within their respective product lines? Thanks for all of your help...
I've been told by many that Itasca and Winnebago are pretty much the same today. As far as good & bad coaches, I do believe that there are some mfgs that are not as good as others - statistically. Obviously you can get a bad coach with any mfg. I'll still go back to the support you get from Winnebago, their online resources, solid roof, etc. Just my opinion!

Tags
winnebago