Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2020, 07:54 AM   #1

Looking for a good Class A dealership near Indiana

We are getting close to actively looking for and possibly buying our first Class A motorhome and wondered who some of the best dealerships (In your opinion) are in the Midwest area (We live in Indiana). We are also willing, if they are highly recommended, to look beyond the Midwest area especially if they have fly and drive, or travel reimbursement programs (Such as Lazydays RV). We would love some recommendations so we can start this process and why you recommend them.

Thanks to everyone for all of their help so far, and continued help in the future!!
This community is great!!
Eric and Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2020, 09:56 AM   #2

Sullivan RV Service in Decatur
Walnut Ridge Family RV Sales in New Castle
Stinnett’s RV Clarksville

I am sure that there are others. A member in our club decided what manufacturer and model he wanted. Put out for bids to all dealers that sold that brand within Indiana, Illinois, Ohio and Michigan. Saved close to $20,000
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:51 AM   #3

Depending on your location, might be a hike, but I have 2 friends who swear by these guys: www.midwayrv.com

Good luck in your search!
Cincy Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 11:01 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Although I haven't purchased from them, I have heard nothing but good things about Midway RV. We looked at a coach there and they did not pressure us, very professional.

Just a suggestion. I would determine the manufacturer (s) you want, the floor plan (s) you want, the range of year (assuming you are buying used) and then the price range you are willing to pay. Then see what's out there and where they are located. We went through that process and with ours narrowed down (we wanted a couple very specific things like no booth dinette and we wanted a fireplace) to 13 across the country. Ended up buying our rig in Phoenix from individuals. We lived in Ky at the time.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 12:19 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
If you mean 'good' prices, then shop around, but know what you want! i.e mfr and model. If you mean service, look for a coach that offers factory service, e.g. Winnebago, Tiffin, Newmar and go to the factory for service. Consider the dealer works on all types and all brands - the factory has intimate knowledge of your coach and all parts. Regarding price, the dealer has approx 30% margin on a new coach, so if he's offering 10%, go elsewhere.

I've bought 5 coaches from General RV, their prices have been competitive, but the last two (Winnebagos) they have never seen again (factory service)

Skip Y
2010 Journey, 2015 Equinox
WIT Club 47083, FMCA F263635
Skip Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 12:23 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
p.s., this is not a good time to be shopping for an RV. Due to the Covid crisis, many people are deciding this is the only way to travel and are BUYING. Or son & daughter-in-law are looking, and the dealers all around MI, IN, and OH say the trades are sold before they hit the lot.
Best of luck and looking forward to seeing you down the road,

Skip Y
2010 Journey
Skip Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 12:47 PM   #7

Just purchased our Newmar Bay Star from Mt Comfort RV in April located in Greenfield, IN. Just outside of Indy. Great service and sales folks. Excellent- before, during and post purchase. Chris Anderson helped us and was really professional and big time full of knowledge. Absolutely the most comfortable experience in purchasing. Extremely competitive.
Loony79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:09 PM   #8

We purchased our Tiffin from General RV in Huntley, IL, not too far from Indiana. Both a great buying and service experience.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:00 AM   #9

Had a terrible service experience at General RV Huntley. Had a great buying and service experience at Total Value RV in Elkhart.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 05:35 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
Had a terrible service experience at General RV Huntley. Had a great buying and service experience at Total Value RV in Elkhart.
+1000 - Purchased from both -

Would never step back in Huntley "they are your best pal until you sign the contract, Our salesman did not walk us out to our Tiffin, Just pointed that it was over there" and getting in for service it scheduled in weeks to months.

Total Value RV was painless - would go back there again - but note - Lazydays acquires Total RV Value - do not know the impact

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/laz...ue-494748.html
mike625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 07:35 PM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loony79 View Post
Just purchased our Newmar Bay Star from Mt Comfort RV in April located in Greenfield, IN. Just outside of Indy. Great service and sales folks. Excellent- before, during and post purchase. Chris Anderson helped us and was really professional and big time full of knowledge. Absolutely the most comfortable experience in purchasing. Extremely competitive.

Plus 1 - Chris shoots straight and was very helpful.
CWSWine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 10:11 PM   #12

Indiana is where Newmar is located... Nappanee. As others have said, MHs and RVs are hot hot items right now because it's the only way to travel that is even remotely safe. Good luck in your search. I'm holding on to my coach!
tommar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 06:37 AM   #13

Definitely a vote for Mt Comfort and Chris Anderson as well. I bought my first and only coach from Chris in 2006 when he worked at a local Indianapolis dealership, Stouts RV's. After Camping World bought Stouts, within a year most the best people had moved on, and many of the best of them went to Mt Comfort. I have used Mt Comfort for a couple of repair issues (parts and new slide toppers) and I have stayed in touch with Chris over the years, more so recently as we have been looking at new coaches, mostly Newmar's which they sell. He was very helpful and worked with us a long time on our purchase of the Journey. In the end he probably did too good of a job for us as we still like our 06 Journey and still own it today. However, the new Newmar coaches are growing on us. I have also had some friends who purchased other RVs from Mt Comfort and have been pleased with them as well.
CWHTRAINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 07:32 PM   #14

My friend took his Monaco to REV in northern Indiana, not sure service is there forte. They never did get the slide properly adjusted, he ended up figuring it out himself.
red300zx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, dealer