RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2020, 04:07 AM   #1

Looking for a windshield just the glass

ive got a 94 southwind i need the drivers windshield ,im going to install it my self. does anyone have any ideas

Old Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2020, 04:47 AM   #2

Glue in or gasket? Split or one piece? I can help you, I owned a glass shop for 17 years, just sold it and retired.

Old 05-29-2020, 05:10 AM   #3

Go to any auto glass shop, and they can order one.
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR 4WD Sahara, Automatic, Hard Top
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 05:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
Go to any auto glass shop, and they can order one.

Why pay retail when you can order direct?
Old 05-29-2020, 06:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockinload View Post
Glue in or gasket? Split or one piece? I can help you, I owned a glass shop for 17 years, just sold it and retired.

Just realized you have a split windshield, drivers side. Gasket?
Old 05-31-2020, 07:17 PM   #6

Don't mean to hijack this thread. .... But my Windshield cracked today with about a 3-4 ft vertical Crack after hitting a grapevine hanging out of a tree. LockinLoad where might I find one are can it be repaired. 04 Navigatior 1piece glass. Thank you
Rcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 07:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcooper View Post
Don't mean to hijack this thread. .... But my Windshield cracked today with about a 3-4 ft vertical Crack after hitting a grapevine hanging out of a tree. LockinLoad where might I find one are can it be repaired. 04 Navigatior 1piece glass. Thank you

Well I might as well try and help you, OP posted and never replied back. So, you can''t really repair a 4 ft crack and will need to replace it. Op wanted to do it himself but I can assure you that your one piece replacement is for a professional only. Do you have insurance or will this be out of pocket? Personally I carry a zero deductible on my glass and don't worry about a broken windshield.

That said, I don't think even Safelite (God I loath that company) does class A windshields anymore. There is a company, Coach glass, and if you call them they can find the right shop, that will be able to help you. Coach manufactures windshields and will help you through the process. You could potentially buy the glass direct and have someone else install. That windshield is probably $800 from them direct and 3 to 400 to install, best case scenario.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:34 PM   #8

I will need to check tomorrow with my insurance company. I do have comprehensive but my deductible is 1000. I have progressive not sure how my policy is written on Windshields. But Thanks for the reply
Rcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 04:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcooper View Post
I will need to check tomorrow with my insurance company. I do have comprehensive but my deductible is 1000. I have progressive not sure how my policy is written on Windshields. But Thanks for the reply

You're probably going to be out a grand then. I would still call coach glass and see who they recommend, DO NOT take the recommendation from your insurance company, who btw, you will be talking to Safelite auto glass when you file your claim. It's called the SGC network and they are a third party administrator for most insurance companies. Coach glass or even Duncan will know what glass shops are doing the most class A RV. This is a very heavy piece of glass. Inspect everything inside and out around your RV prior to having you glass replaced, and re-inspect upon completion.

Tags
wind, windshield