Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2017, 05:35 AM   #1

Looking for advice

Just wondering and looking for advice from those who have covers on their RV's, with so many brands out on the market which one should I purchase? I've read about so many, and just wanted some feedback from those who have one & any issues you you may have had with your cover. I definitely want to protect my RV from the sunlight & weather, bird droppings, leaves, bugs and such while in storage this coming winter. Not worried about snow due to living in Mid Georgia. Any advise is appreciated.
jawgaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2017, 06:15 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
MH covers

I have used covers on 5th wheels and Class A MH. They work well for protecting the RV, but are a pain to put on and remove. Also, regardless of quality, expect it to develop cuts and tears from sharp corners, ladder, etc. May last 2-3 years depending on weather and wind. Thus, I elected to bite the bullet and build a building for the latest MH.
Sanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:22 AM   #3

I have used a cover for one season...you must do some rooftop peril protection...corners that seem benign..rub out tears a d holes very quickly. They are a bear to put on and take off but until or unless you can shelter I think they are a must for protecting your MH during a long hibernation period.
Lumberguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:42 AM   #4

Our climate is a little tougher than yours, us in Arizona.

I tried several covers, and they would not last much longer than a year. Then they would just start falling apart.

Placing and removing the cover has its hazards as well. Those covers are heavy, they conceal the little trip hazards, and they accelerate wear at friction points on the coach. Not a problem, but the bolts that affix the windshield wipers are now highly polished brass, and not black paint.

Rather than $400 a year for covers, I spent about twice that to make a shelter for our coach. Tired of covers.

Matt B
Old 09-14-2017, 06:25 AM   #5

Thanks for replys

My wife & I talked about building a shed to protect our RV during the winter months and just having a nice place to park it when not in use during the Spring or Summer. Right now though I may have to purchase a cover until the "shed" funds are available. We want to protect our RV as much as possible from the elements.

Q: Would or did any of you have an electric hookup in your shed to trickle the batteries? I'm looking for any ideas.

Thanks to all who responded, I appreciate your input & time.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:41 AM   #6

Put your MH information into your signature
Take a couple of minutes to fill out your signature with information about your motorhome (MH) so we can better offer advice. This will really help in all future posts too.
You do this by:
1) Going to the top of this page and click the top left tab named “User CP”
2) Look at the menu on the left and scroll down to “Settings & Options” and click “Edit Signature”
3) In that text box type all the information about your MH. Year, model, length, mileage, any aftermarket extras installed and so on.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:52 AM   #7

Looking for advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
[B]Put your MH information into your signature[/Signature”

If you click on the OPs avatar, it all becomes clear.
For an RV cover, the OPs info is plenty enough.

To the OP:
You are in Georgia. An ADCO cover would work just fine.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:57 AM   #8

Forest River Owners Club
New to the forum and learning as I go. What is the difference between the types of members (junior, senior, etc) and how do the flames get added and what do they mean? Th
kschike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 05:31 AM   #9

Wondered about that myself, maybe some are more "fired up" than others?
Old 09-19-2017, 07:52 PM   #10

We were thinking about buying a cover for our Holiday Rambler Vacationer motorhome for our winter storage here in western New York. But....... we actually found a storage facility 15 miles from us that has room for our coach and tow dolly. We are only paying slightly more for inside storage than we would be paying for outside storage so we decided not to buy one.

Tags
advice