Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2022, 10:15 AM   #1

Looking for Motorhome Checklists, Cheat Sheets, Instructions

Hello again,
I did a search but the results are sporadic and buried in other posts.
I've also watched a bunch of videos on youtube but I would like to see what other's are doing.
I'm looking for checklists/instructions/cheat sheets for:
1) Prior to leaving on a trip.
2) Arriving at a campsite (Full Hookup)
3) Arriving at a camp (No Hookup)
4) Prior to leaving the campsite, (Disconnecting, dumping blackwater etc.)
5) Routine maintenance.
I'm sure, for most seasoned RV'ers you know this stuff rote but I'm kind of a visual person and absorb information better when I see it. I want to to create a routine/habit to use for trips and I think using a checklist or cheat sheet will help me a lot.
BPD138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2022, 10:47 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Welcome to the forum!!

Suggest making your on and laminating each. Depends on the type of rv. Some articles with checklists here: https://calledtowander.com/rv-depart...r%20%28s%29%20 AND https://www.rvtravel.com/campsite-ar...re-checklists/, which I have downloaded for reference.

For our motorhome my wife uses a laminated departure checklist attached for securing the motorhome inside. Even without memory loss medication, e.g., Prevagen, we maintain a mental checklist or routine when arriving at a campsite and departing a campsite......served us well over 18+ years camping in fifth wheel trailers and motorhomes. For routine motorhome maintenance we follow the chassis manufacturer's guidelines like the 15000 mile or 12 month one attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Departure Checklist.docx.pdf (73.7 KB, 47 views)
File Type: pdf 15000 Mile or 12 Month.pdf (27.4 KB, 24 views)
Old 12-02-2022, 10:55 AM   #3

Here is one you might be interested in. Happy travels...
https://apps.apple.com/app/id1435241168
Old 12-02-2022, 06:38 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
For #5, routine maintenance, I suspect everyone has their own spreadsheet. There is just too much to keep up with. My current list has 52 items. In another tab I track intervals for each task & part numbers. And another tab has all history. Other tabs include past due tasks, to do tasks, model & serial numbers for everything.

A database would be better, but an excel spreadsheet can be updated on any device. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221202-192920_Dropbox.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	381977Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221202-192930_Dropbox.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	381978
Old 12-02-2022, 07:15 PM   #5

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ks.rvchecklist
Old 12-02-2022, 08:13 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Check your chassis manufacture manual for routine maintenance for motor, lube, filters etc.

Also, the RV manufacturer should also provide you with a listing they recommend be performed and at what interval.

Some of the lists above are really good starting points, but every RV has its own quirks and anything you may add will be missing.

Don't forget to add your tow/toad vehicle to the list.
Old 12-02-2022, 11:46 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
BPD….
Checklists can be funny things. Done right they can be valuable tools. Done poorly they become inconvenient and cumbersome to use, and right after that they become a pain in the butt and then you stop using them.
1. It should be a “check list”, not a “do list”. You should already know what to do and how to do it. The checklist is a reminder, not an owners manual. Each checklist item should contain just 1 or 2 words of challenge and 1 or 2 words of response. Simple and concise.

///exception if you’re new to your coach or new to RVing. Use a cheat sheet early on, but you’ll learn quickly, and should toss the cheater as soon as possible.\\\\

2. The checklist should be arranged in the order in which you do things. Repeat, “ the order in which you do things”. Don’t mark something as “stowed” until you’re truly done with it. If you have to take it out again to do something else it may get forgotten and left behind.
Over the years I’ve developed a departure checklist for our DutchStar comprising about 73 items in 5 sections of checklist. I use a free checklist app called- surprisingly- RV Checklists. It was free on the App Store. The CkList stays with me on my phone. It is fully editable and customizable, simple and easy to use. I’d be glad to send you a copy if you’d like.
JFXG
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 07:38 AM   #8
NXR

Consider using a checklist app as bduemig suggested because an electronic checklist allows you to add steps, delete steps, reword steps, etc. whereas printed checklists are cumbersome to update.. That particular app bduemig suggested is only available for Android and I've built 15 checklists for it so far. Fortunately there are lots of checklist apps.

One of my backgrounds was in aviation maintenance and many things we do are listed in one of the checklists. Remember, if you're parked somewhere for a month you likely have not performed any of the tasks for a month so it's easy to miss something.

The pics are the checklists I've built for ours. The first number is the number of steps that were marked as completed while the large number is the number of steps total in that checklist.

The motorhome does not move until the relevant checklists are completed. I also list infrequent maintenance tasks because, you know, they are done infrequently.

But your profile does not list your motorhome model year and model nor does your signature line and your checklists are dependent on what you have.

HTH,

Ray
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CL1.PNG
Views:	40
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	382014   Click image for larger version

Name:	CL2.PNG
Views:	32
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	382015  

Old 12-04-2022, 12:36 PM   #9
Community Moderator

Added this to my mental checklist..........unscrew shore water connection hardware, e.g., brass pressure regulator/gauge and y valve with quick disconnect fittings (~$100 in parts)...........ask me how I know.
Old 12-06-2022, 11:32 AM   #10

My checklist is very short:
  • Wife

That's all I need as she will tell me everything else that's missing.

Makes it easy...
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 11:48 AM   #11

Seems very airplane piloty��

Make em on cardboard stock, laminate and simple, u will not drive away while plugged in, take off without closing and locking storage..
cbigham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 11:56 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
And don't forget the red flag on the antenna crank!
How many of us have thrown that thing away and lived to regret it.

I can neither confirm nor deny.

Mike in Colorado
2004 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37c, 8.1 gasser, (Jezebel) Ultra RV ECM / TCM, plugs wires, and rear track bar, PPE deep Tx pan w/ temp gage, Bilstein's, Sailun's & Sumo's all round, pushed by a 2002 Grand Caravan, on a Master Tow Dolly OR a WR-250 on a rail.
Flyer15015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 05:18 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Back when I was paid to work, we taught error proofing processes. Establish a process that works for you and always follow it, in the same sequence. Our process is pretty simple: clockwise. Go around the inside clockwise. Same outside. If something has to go from the PS patio to a DS basement, I do that and go back to the PS to continue. (I do try to keep DS stuff in the DS basement, and PS stuff in the PS basement. )

Tags
heat, motor, motorhome