Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2019, 06:44 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Looking for service suggestions

We live in Ontario and plan on RVing in south US from Jan 2020 - April 2020. The DW does not have any desire for me to drive the coach in any type of snow. So like last year we will end up driving south early November and fly back and then fly back early January.

It just so happens we will also need service:

Engine oil & filer
Generator oil & filer
Fuel filter(s)
Transmission filers
Aquahot service
Check brake adjustment

So I am wondering if this crazy idea is even possible. Rather than using a storage facility for 2 months could I combine my storage/service needs by dropping the bus off at a service facility and pick it up in 2 months. (being completely upfront with them of course)

If you think I could pull this off, looking for suggestions on who to call. (they can't have snow on the ground late December)

We have a 2011, diesel pusher, rear radiator, 43'
Blog: bailey18.com
AllanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2019, 06:51 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Try NIRV. They are outside of Atlanta, GA.
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:53 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Nirvc.com
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:00 AM   #4

I've never personally used them but I've heard here on this forum that Alliance Coach in Wildwood, FL in the "Villages" area, is a real good shop. Apparently they are part of Lazy Days.

It might be a good place to start and call them.

I also have in my notes that La Mesa in Daytona or Sanford are also good Florida repair shops.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:19 PM   #5

Will you be traveling in the SE of the US or going coast to coast?

I think you might have a Freightliner chassis - if so, why not have the service/storage done at a REAL service center?

I've had good factory/quality service performed at Lou Bachrodt in West Palm Beach Florida (they have three service centers in that general area), Warner Truck Center in Hurricane Utah, Bakersfield Truck Center Bakersfield California.

If you have Freightliner, you can call them (1 800 FTL-HELP) with the last six digits of your VIN and ask them where they have an OASIS dealer that services Motorhomes.

If you don't have a Freightliner, sorry for the distraction - but, those places are still good in my book.
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 11:55 AM   #6

well nobody ever listens but bus shops are good. they have tour buses school buses ect. and all systems like rv and I use the one local if I need. tere certified for major engines and chassis,, better rates and they have pits unlike the truck shops at the interstate. at least here anyways.
Old 09-03-2019, 07:43 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo View Post
Will you be traveling in the SE of the US or going coast to coast?

I think you might have a Freightliner chassis - if so, why not have the service/storage done at a REAL service center?

I've had good factory/quality service performed at Lou Bachrodt in West Palm Beach Florida (they have three service centers in that general area), Warner Truck Center in Hurricane Utah, Bakersfield Truck Center Bakersfield California.

If you have Freightliner, you can call them (1 800 FTL-HELP) with the last six digits of your VIN and ask them where they have an OASIS dealer that services Motorhomes.

If you don't have a Freightliner, sorry for the distraction - but, those places are still good in my book.
I do have a Freightliner, thank you. Do you happen to know if they service Aquahots? I did contact them but they did not address the Aquahot specifically.
Blog: bailey18.com
AllanK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service