Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2012, 11:40 PM   #1

Looking for Similar Floorplans

My wife are prepping for a couple of fulltime years on the road. After considering many MH floorplans we've settled on one that suits our needs.

We are aware of 4 MH Manufacturers that make what we want:

2006 Monaco Knight 40 PLQ
2004 Itasca 37B
2006 Holiday Rambler 40 PLQ
2003 Georgie Boy Cruise Air (37', model unknown)

This floorplan offers a separate sitting area and desk in the rear bedroom, not just a wall situated vanity/desk. Of course, each mfg. is slightly different.

Does anyone know of other makers or models that offer this feature? We are looking at purchasing a used MH in the 2000-2006 range, gas or diesel.

Thanks in advance!
WaterFolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2012, 12:12 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Go with Diesel for starters if you can, much better ride than gas and I personally think they handle much better on roads.

My number two recommendation would be to Google each one just the way you have listed them, this will pull up all that are listed for sale around the Country and give you a good view of what the asking prices are.

I seen one with the floor plan your describing the other day here in Loveland Colorado. I don't remember the year/make but since it is located at the dealer I have mine at, I can find out what the info on it if you'd like. Although I can assure you that it could likely be found much cheaper in the Houston area or Dallas/Ft Worth area.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:35 AM   #3

If by a couple of years you mean 2, then a gas MH will work as well as a diesel. The Itasca 37B is a nice floor plan. You can find the same floor plan in the Winnebago line. I believe they made this floor plan thru the 2007 model year. Yes, use google to find price and location. Fyi - Winnebago and Itasca are the same but Itasca will be a slight upgrade from the Winnebago twin...and I mean slight. I looked at both and really did not see a difference...
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #4

I'll check out Winnebago line as well. The purpose of the post is to see what models/mfg may have similar floorplans.
Leaning towards diesel but given our intended use a gas job would probably do nicely as well.
WaterFolk is offline   Reply With Quote