Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2018, 08:53 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Looking for the owners of these two coaches

[moderator edit]

I know it's a longshot, but does anyone here recognize either of these coaches and know how to get in touch with their owners?

Both are currently listed for sale, but their ads are email only and I've been trying to reach them since last week with absolutely no response. I even called the publication they're listed with and they dais they had phone numbers on file for them and called them yesterday to give them my contact info.

I've got a coach I want to move on, but I REALLY want to know about these before I do it, but I've got to move quickly before the my current deal gets taken by someone else. I just want SOME kind of information. If they're sold, that's fine, but getting no response is killing me because I know as soon as I make the deal on the one I'm considering now, I'll finally hear back from one of these guys and it will be too late.

The silver/gray/black Imperial is located in Hartwell, GA and the blue/green Scepter is located in Rogersville, AL.

If anyone knows the owners and how to get in touch with them, PLEASE let me know ASAP.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hartwell Imperial.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	191365   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rogersville Scepter.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	191366  

TowDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2018, 10:01 AM   #2

My experience with similar situations, though not with motor homes, is that the vehicle is sold and the seller simply did not remove the ad--they just let it expire. If that's the case, it's likely they routed all incoming email from the ad site to their spam folders. Very frustrating as you well know. This may not be your situation, but you've already waited nearly a week and you may lose a coach you nearly have "in hand."

IMO, if you'll "forever regret" buying the one you can get now should one of these two turn out to be available after your purchase, then I'd say wait. There will always be another MH for sale that you will be happy with. You really haven't made clear why you REALLY want to know about these two coaches. If it's something that you consider essential to your ideal coach, then wait. If your current deal meets your needs but you just want to know if these are a better fit/deal, that's a risk everyone takes when buying.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:10 AM   #3

When I was looking for our current MH I became so frustrated trying to deal with some of the listing companies that I quit looking at them all together. No answer from the listing company and no way to contact the seller directly.

I finally just decided to move on the one I have now from a private owner and never looked back. We have been happy with our choice.
TCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 12:16 PM   #4

We also got fed up trying to contact people advertising their RV's on line. We'd almost given up the idea of becoming RVers when we spotted an ad in our local daily newspaper. We called and found the seller was only about 30 miles away. He was the owner from new and it had 12,000 miles on the odometer and 44 hours on the generator.

We went to see it and bought it on the spot. The owner had developed a medical issue that kept him close to his doctor so they couldn't use the rig any more. His wife was in tears when we drove it away.

We gave up RVing after four seasons when we realised we were dipping into our IRAs to buy gas! We sold it on consignment with a local dealer (never again!) at a substantial loss.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:27 PM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thanks for the input everyone.
I actually heard back from the owner of the Scepter this morning and just got back from looking at it. Unfortunately, it had quite a few little things I found that's pretty much knocked it out of consideration.
The Imperial is still the one I want to see most and haven't heard anything back on.

The main reason I'm really wanting to see it is some of the features that it has that most others I've considered don't. (Aquahot, auot-gen, electric locking bay doors)

The one that's completely thrown a wrench in plans is one that popped up locally that's not exactly what I'm looking for, but has most things, is in unbelievable overall condition, and is stupid-cheap. I'll have to put some money into it for all 6 new tires, new house batteries, satellite system, and replace one sofa. (Nothing wrong with it. I just don't like the way it feels.) I'm estimating about $7.5k to knock those things out, but I can get the coach for literally half (or less) of the others I've looked at and it's equal or better overall condition. It just happens to be 2002 with 90k on it, so the seller's pool of buyers is significantly smaller because of financing difficulties due to it now bing past 15 years and 90k miles, so I can snag it for a song. After taking care of the above things, the only thing it's missing that's something I really want is the auto-gen feature, which I'm pretty sure I can add with a kit from Onan.
TowDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:54 AM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Hope you get the great deal you're looking for!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:19 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
It takes patience. Remember, many times your email to the seller is going into the Junk folder and telemarketers have forced many folks to not answer a call unless they recognize the number.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:05 AM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Not sure what I'd do, but the one in hand might be worth taking.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote