Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2016, 09:56 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Question Looking to buy a in dash Backup Camera and GPS

I am looking to buy a combo in Dash color Backup Camera and Receiver unit with built in DVD, GPS Nav system, Radio, to replace my B & W in dash monitor. Ebay and Amazon have several models from $125 to $600. Has anyone in the forum done this. What unit did you buy and what was the cost? did you install it yourself? Was the unit Blue tooth, wired, or wireless? Any information appreciated.
Mel
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2016, 12:20 AM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
mhbell: I am in the same boat so I can't help you that much.

But, I installed a wireless in my class c and won't do it again. Mine would pick up interference and have noise lines running through the display that were very distracting.

Amazon reviews will talk about that.

john.
jpsageusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:30 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsageusa View Post
mhbell: I am in the same boat so I can't help you that much.

But, I installed a wireless in my class c and won't do it again. Mine would pick up interference and have noise lines running through the display that were very distracting.

Amazon reviews will talk about that.

john.
Thanks for the reply. I kind of thought that might be the case with wireless. I have a backup camera already that is B & W and installed in the dash. I want a color combo with GPS Nav and all the Bells and whistles. I plan on using the present wires, so won't go wireless or Bluetooth. I am a DIYer and will be installing it myself. Just wondering if others have done it, and what unit they bought..
Mel
Old 10-17-2016, 07:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhbell View Post
Thanks for the reply. I kind of thought that might be the case with wireless. I have a backup camera already that is B & W and installed in the dash. I want a color combo with GPS Nav and all the Bells and whistles. I plan on using the present wires, so won't go wireless or Bluetooth. I am a DIYer and will be installing it myself. Just wondering if others have done it, and what unit they bought..
Mel
getting ready to do mine in our alpine... I wanna eliminate the pioneer and have the all in one...wont the camera thats there be color if its a color monitor??

I found some 7'' screens that are gps, blue tooth, backup camers cd/ dvd...am/ fm..
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:30 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
getting ready to do mine in our alpine... I wanna eliminate the pioneer and have the all in one...wont the camera thats there be color if its a color monitor??

I found some 7'' screens that are gps, blue tooth, backup camers cd/ dvd...am/ fm..
I really Don't know I would like to use the present camera if possible, but dont know if it would work with a color monitor. Maybe someone who knows will chime in.
Mel
Old 10-17-2016, 08:58 AM   #6

Have the Jensen 212T in mine w/o nav. Understand they have a newer model with nav. The biggest issue I have with it is glare on the screen just due to the way it mounts in the dash.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:34 AM   #7

when I did my excursion.. it all ready was double din... so I hooked it to the back up camera that was there in color..

LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, dash, gps