Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2017, 07:44 AM   #1

looking to buy used Country Coach

We are currently looking to buy our first RV and was concidering a used 2005 country coach. Can anyone give me some advice if this is a good coach for first time RVs. I have heard good thing about them but I wanted to here from other owners.

Thanks in advance

Doug B
Doug B is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2017, 08:32 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
What model?

Country Coach is definitely one of the upper tier coaches. A well cared for Country Coach is a good choice. There are a couple of items to research and find out about with your purchase. Research PTO, radiator, and Norcold refrigerator issues and then ask the seller if those issues have been addressed or be prepared to fix them.
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:36 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Doug! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Sorry that I can't advise you on the CC.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:58 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug B View Post
We are currently looking to buy our first RV and was concidering a used 2005 country coach. Can anyone give me some advice if this is a good coach for first time RVs. I have heard good thing about them but I wanted to here from other owners.

Thanks in advance

Doug B
CC built some of the best, back then. Suggest you also visit the CC owners forum here on iRV2
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:02 AM   #5

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My CC is a money pit, but that's due to the ISX CM871 engine, and Cummins NW breaking an interior door and two Koni shocks plus the normal tire and battery replacement.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:15 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Country Coach made very solid coaches. Having a CC as your first coach can be an excellent choice. Like any coach, how it was maintained by previous owner/s is critical. Just make sure you check out all systems before making any final decisions. Since you say this would be your first motorhome, I might suggest you hire a qualified inspector to do a full and thorough inspection of the coach. These are complicated machines and hidden issues can be very expensive.

What particular model are you looking at?

According to your profile, you are in south Florida. Just as a suggestion, if you decide to have someone inspect the coach, you might want to contact Butch Williams at Fountain RV in Lakeland. While that is not nearby, Butch might be able to recommend someone near you (or the coach location) to do an inspection. Butch is a former CC builder and tech and knows everything Country Coach.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:19 PM   #7

We are looking at the 2005 Country Coach Allure SISKIYOU 470
Old 11-07-2017, 01:27 PM   #8

2005 Country Coach Allure SISKIYOU 470 or 2007 Country Coach Intrigue 530 Jubilee for sale
Old 11-07-2017, 01:58 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug B View Post
2005 Country Coach Allure SISKIYOU 470 or 2007 Country Coach Intrigue 530 Jubilee for sale
While we love our Allure 470, I would take a serious look at the Intrigue. It should have a larger engine which is a good thing in these heavy coaches.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:18 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Welcome

Welcome to iRV2 Doug !!!

Country Coach is a very good choice. One that I certainly would consider in the future. Very well built.

I looked at one a few weeks ago. Beautiful coach, but it had sat for 3 years. Issues start happening when any unit sits and not driven, started and so on.
I also noticed minor things in need of repair that the owner just let slide.

Those are red flags and as much as we liked the coach, I will move on to one that the owner knows everything about the service and care and it shows it.

Take your time, inspect it thoroughly and ask questions pertaining to all of maintenance and operations. That is with any coach. But a Country Coach is a very good choice in my opinion.
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:41 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

CC is a very nice coach and well-equipped, bu whether any given one is a "good choice" or not depends more on the condition and prior maintenance than the brand name. Especially after 13 years of use. Your chances of getting a good one are probably better with a high end model such as this, both because the quality of materials and components used and the likelihood that the former owner kept the maintenance up, but you still have to verify all that.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:59 AM   #12
Community Moderator

what's your budget?

for 2005 country coaches, the best value is magna 630, particularly the "rembrandt" trim, next would be a more expensive affinity. both have newer body styles.

for 2007's, again the best value goes to magna 630, particularly the "galileo" floor plan, and then intrigue 530 (jubilee trim). affinity is always good, but it'll cost more.

of course, this is subjective...
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:51 AM   #13

I have the 2007 Intrigue Ovation II, which is the 42 foot version . The Jubilee is the 45 foot coach. Floorplans aside, they are pretty much the same coach. Mine has a lot of options that were added to it, including 2 extra AGM batteries, the Vorad Collision system, the CAT engine, and upgraded driver/passenger chairs. Not sure what options are included in the Jubilee you're looking at, tho.

Having said that, we are very pleased with our Intrigue. The gas mileage of the C13 CAT is not good, but it's powerful and climbs the hills well. Our unit was well cared for and all maintenance was completely regularly. It drives very well, particularly after I put in new front shocks and motion control valves. (For some reason, the previous owner had replaced the front shocks with Bilsteins that were not up to the task). Other modifications we're in the process of doing is replacing the shades with MCD shades. We also upgraded both televisions to newer models and are looking into replacing the antiquated satellite system with a newer one. Most of the things we have done to our coach were more cosmetic/desired than necessary purchases.

Be happy to answer any specific questions you may have about the 07 Intrigue.
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:01 AM   #14

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Country Coach made very solid coaches. Having a CC as your first coach can be an excellent choice. Like any coach, how it was maintained by previous owner/s is critical. Just make sure you check out all systems before making any final decisions. Since you say this would be your first motorhome, I might suggest you hire a qualified inspector to do a full and thorough inspection of the coach. These are complicated machines and hidden issues can be very expensive.
"Solid" is right! Mine weighs 47,000#'s EMPTY. That's 13,000+#'s MORE than my fully loaded '02 4090 DSDP
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
country coach