Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2018, 06:35 AM   #1

Looking to replace front captain seats

2014 Jayco Precept-looking to replace front seats and would really like others comments on there replacement seats and of course price and difficulty changing them out. Lumbar/heated/6 way power/foot rest my thought is replace it once.

Thank you
Mark
ukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2018, 07:03 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
I had mine changed at Bradd and Hall, in Elkhart, Indiana. They had a great selection available, was able to set in them and make a comparison. They are not cheap.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:44 AM   #3

If these had armrests I would be looking for some.

AL

BigHomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:50 AM   #4

You might find what your looking for here: All RV Captain Chairs, RV Furniture - Shop4Seats.com
Old 01-31-2018, 09:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukester View Post
2014 Jayco Precept-looking to replace front seats and would really like others comments on there replacement seats and of course price and difficulty changing them out. Lumbar/heated/6 way power/foot rest my thought is replace it once.

Thank you
Mark
I found no difficulty changing the drivers seat in a MH purchased a long time ago with a power seat, went very smooth. One tip is that you should put the mounting bolts in and tighten them BEFORE leaving the dealership and returning to the campground.

The reason I know this should be obvious
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 09:54 AM   #6

I have a 2016 Jayco Precept 35UN and looking for a good set of Seat covers for the 2 captains chairs and possibly the sofa sleeper bed

Any suggestions

Fred
fvilardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 10:12 AM   #7

I replaced my seats a couple years ago. I did it myself. I enjoyed the project and the seats are very comfortable and look good. I bought mine from shop4seats as mentioned above. Great people to work with. I had to buy different pedestals for height. I can give you more info if you decide to go with these folks. My drivers seat was already a 6 way but the passenger was not. I will attach a pic of my seats. I think they look Great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shop4Seats (2016 x 1512).jpg
Views:	99
Size:	368.7 KB
ID:	355788  
edge68474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 02:32 PM   #8
YC1

Larry, those seats look like they can keep you centered in the seat. My seats are like huge cushions bottom and back. I rock back and forts between the arm rests so I stuff small pillows beside me but that is a poor solution.

I'm not looking for sport car seats but sure would like something to keep me centered better.

YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 03:56 PM   #9

They are nice seats Myron. My honey even says she does not get sore and hurting like the old original ones. And yes, they keep you centered. The massage feature is Fantastic. The only thing we did not get was heat. Didn't feel we need heat in AZ. Now to get down there, lol.
Don't the seats look great though?? When I saw that color scheme, I said that's the one. Total cost for both was about $3000. I did the labor. Pretty easy really.

It's too bad you are all the way in Florida. I'd let you sit in them to try out.
Old 02-07-2022, 05:55 PM   #10
YC1

Thanks Larry, didn't do enough research to know they had the massage feature.

I know I can search the web site but is that all leather?

Thanks again.

YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 12:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Thanks Larry, didn't do enough research to know they had the massage feature.

I know I can search the web site but is that all leather?

Thanks again.
Umm, Yes. I believe they called it Ultra Leather or something like that. It feels real good though to the touch. I don't know if you see much REAL leather these days. There probably is some somewhere. That would probably double the cost. Time will tell how good it holds up. If you want to talk to me about these seats and what all I did to install them, just PM me and we can get phone numbers. I'd be more than happy to share.
Anyone, who wants to talk about these seats, same goes, just PM me.
I think I will go out and sit in the seats and rub the leather, lol.
Take care.

EDIT: Link to the seat I have.
https://shop4seats.com/rv-furniture/...ins-chair.html

Another link on leather etc. Good info I think
https://rvnstyle.com/why-is-your-rv-...o-do-about-it/
Old 02-08-2022, 01:23 PM   #12

Where is the Op anyway? It's been a week since he posted. Hope they are ok.
Old 10-07-2022, 10:25 AM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge68474 View Post
Umm, Yes. I believe they called it Ultra Leather or something like that. It feels real good though to the touch. I don't know if you see much REAL leather these days. There probably is some somewhere. That would probably double the cost. Time will tell how good it holds up. If you want to talk to me about these seats and what all I did to install them, just PM me and we can get phone numbers. I'd be more than happy to share.
Anyone, who wants to talk about these seats, same goes, just PM me.
I think I will go out and sit in the seats and rub the leather, lol.
Take care.

EDIT: Link to the seat I have.
https://shop4seats.com/rv-furniture/...ins-chair.html

Another link on leather etc. Good info I think
https://rvnstyle.com/why-is-your-rv-...o-do-about-it/
Just a quick question on this. I have 6-way seats now and if I buy these new ones are the electronic connections the same plug in? Thanks
allend151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 07:59 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by allend151 View Post
Just a quick question on this. I have 6-way seats now and if I buy these new ones are the electronic connections the same plug in? Thanks
Hi. I don't really remember, lol. It's been awhile now. But, I did NOT have any problem connecting wires and I just tagged off the driver's side wiring for the passenger side. I ran a wire under the carpet in that area.
I will gladly explain what I did by phone or whatever if you like. PM me if you'd like to talk.
Take care.

Tags
ace, front cap, replace