Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2023, 06:33 AM   #1

Low Beam Head Lights

I have a 2006 Holiday Rambler and low beams stay on all the time even with headlight switch off, I went to change out the head light switch and even unplugging it from the harness they stayed on. Getting constant power to them. Any ideas?
Boby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2023, 06:35 AM   #2

Did you look at the switch and plug to see if they were corroded?
Argosy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 09:55 AM   #3

Triple E Owners Club
Are they intended to be daytime running lights? Mine stay on all the time and are supposed to do so.
Old 03-30-2023, 11:41 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by keefr View Post
Are they intended to be daytime running lights? Mine stay on all the time and are supposed to do so.
Mine are similar. They illuminate as soon as the vehicle is in gear and I release the parking brake.
Old 03-30-2023, 11:44 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
My 2008 Navigator they stay on as daytime running lights.
Dieselboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 01:45 PM   #6

If you have DRLs and they stay on even when the ignition is off, it's most likely a bad DRL module.

I'm not sure where the module is on your coach, though. I think it's near the fuse box somewhere. Somebody else will have to chime in on where it is.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 02:01 PM   #7

No history of if and when issue happened or since you owned it. If not shutting off with key/park. Some coaches had DLR relay that the plug is near match nearly the same Bosch relay that fit other parts of coach. If the Bosch relay is used HLs won't shut off. The smartwheel module has caused numerous issues that usually starts with HLs.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 03:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc View Post
If you have DRLs and they stay on even when the ignition is off, it's most likely a bad DRL module.

I'm not sure where the module is on your coach, though. I think it's near the fuse box somewhere. Somebody else will have to chime in on where it is.
I read in another thread that the DRL module in some other Monaco coaches of that era is on the top of the front run bay. It is a finned metal box. If you unplug the module and the headlights turn off, then you'll know it's a bad module.

Again, this is assuming that your problem is your coach does have DRLs and the headlights stay on (albeit on a slightly dimmer power as typically DRLs do) even when the ignition switch is off.
Old 03-31-2023, 07:03 AM   #9

I have an 06 Monaco Diplomat - mine are the same way the daytime running lights are on all the time if the Coach is in gear.
716OutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 01:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc View Post
Again, this is assuming that your problem is your coach does have DRLs and the headlights stay on (albeit on a slightly dimmer power as typically DRLs do) even when the ignition switch is off.

The OP didn't say anything about the ignition switch, he said the headlights stay on when the HEADLIGHT SWITCH is turned off. He is describing the normal operation of D R L headlights.
Old 03-31-2023, 02:23 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
The OP didn't say anything about the ignition switch, he said the headlights stay on when the HEADLIGHT SWITCH is turned off. He is describing the normal operation of D R L headlights.
He didn't make that clear ...to me at least. I'm not as intelligent as you.

Plus, the OP appears to have had the coach for quite some time. Wouldn't you think he'd know if he has DRLs or not?

Also, the problem when DRLs remain on even when the ignition switch is off is an issue that has been discussed on the forum previously and has been traced down to a faulty DRL module.

So I tried to help but obviously I didn't as I must have misinterpreted the problem as most who have responded seem to think that the OP doesn't realize he has DRLs.

Tags
light, lights