Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by caplad View Post

that is what my local rv guy said . He is supposed to order me the stuff tomorrow . I looked at this tee on line and cant see how it works.
Thank you
It fits between the tank shut off valve and the gas regulator. At the top of the tee is a cap which caps off the line to the gas grill. This is where you screw on the 15' gas grill hose. The connections for the grill will not allow gas to pass through until they are screwed down tight (safety feature).

Facing you on the tee is the connection to attach the 6' hose to connect to a 20-30 lb or even a 100 lb bottle. This is great for those stays where propane is not delivered, but you can take your bottle(s) to have them filled.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2013, 04:57 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
I just put an Extended Stay Kit on my Winne 38J. The RV dealer where I bought the Coach got it for me because the previous owner took the one on the rig with her. It was very simple installation and took me all of 10 min when I got the one fitting that I needed. All I had to do was disconnect the fitting (outlet side) of the tank valve. Then the adapter is inserted into in place of the coach fitting. Then I reconnected the coach fitting into the fitting (right side) of adapter. That basically reconnects the coach to the LPG tank. The new fitting has a tee in the middle of the assembly so all I had to do was put a 3/8 x 1/4" nipple in it and then attached my shutoff valve and quick disconnect to that nipple and I am set to go cooking.
TheToads
TheToads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:34 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
[QUOTE=John N;1827903]This is what i got and was easy to install
[/QUO
This is exactly what I want to do . The hose on the right if long enough looks perfect. Where did you find these items?
caplad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:54 AM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
My propane supplier is also qualified to do propane repairs and assemblies. I took my MH to him and 30 min later I left with a certified correct and safety tested propane fitting for my barbeque. Very reasonably priced peace of mind.
Peterd503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:14 AM   #19

[QUOTE=caplad;1829158]
Quote:
Originally Posted by John N View Post
This is what i got and was easy to install
[/QUO
This is exactly what I want to do . The hose on the right if long enough looks perfect. Where did you find these items?
That's a variation of this:

Amazon.com: Camco 59123 RV Propane Brass Tee with 4 Ports and Extension Hose: Automotive
Old 12-02-2013, 05:18 AM   #20

I got it from the that web site and they have a lot of good stuff and you can order the hoses any length
Sturgi-Stay Fittings & Hoses - SturgiSafe Sturgi-Stays, RV Propane Hoses, Quick Disconnects & Regulators
John N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #21

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would suggest the "Extend-a-stay" type couplers rather than anything that hooks to a manifold port for two reasons.

1: The extend-a-stay type devices give you two added features... one is the ability to feed high pressure (Tank pressure) Propane to an external grill or device designed to work with portable or disposable tanks.

2: It allows you to use a luggable tank to feed propane to the motor home in case you need to.

The Sturgi-Stay seems to be this type of adapter (just looked).

The manifold is low pressure (11" of water or about 1/2 PSI) and will not properly feed a device designed to hook to a tank.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #22

The sturgi-stay threads to the tank valve and is high pressure it goes between the tank and regulator.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by John N View Post
I use this with a 20lbs tank when camping so don't have to worry about filling motorhome tank
1"-20 Quick Disconnect Sturgi-Flow - Sturgi-Flows - Propane Camp Stove Hoses, Sturgi-Flows & Quick Connects
could I switch the ports? I want to switch the quick connect with the male end
Old 12-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #24

Check the web site out. I order parts and add other connectors and you can call them and have one made
Old 12-05-2013, 05:33 AM   #25

What you want to put the male end of the quick connect on the tank side. If you do that you need a valve to turn the gas off before the connector or when the hose is off you have noway to stop the gas from leaking
Old 12-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #26

RV grill

Easiest and cheapest way is to add a tee and valve into piping after the regulator of the rv. Pick up a 15-20' natural gas extension hose with quik connect at any good hardware store, remove grill regulator make connections and all is done.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezolen View Post
Easiest and cheapest way is to add a tee and valve into piping after the regulator of the rv. Pick up a 15-20' natural gas extension hose with quik connect at any good hardware store, remove grill regulator make connections and all is done.
That's what I did. Works great and saves hauling propane tanks around. No fuss no muss !
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:39 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
What a project this turned out to be I spent a Saturday going from plumbing supply to gas appliance store to pressurized gas supplier and was unable to get any help . I ended up buying the Sturgi valve from calore . I bought a 20' hose with quick connect on one end a male acme connection on other (3 pieces) form propaneproducts.com. Cant wait til the weather break so I can try it out .
I did use my stove at the army navy game but I brought my BBQ tank