Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2022, 02:31 PM   #1

Magna inverter troubleshoot

My Magna inverter is giving default batteries are dead, changed the batteries, the inverter itself will not turn on, need to get my residential refrigerator working, have a Bounder 36h, 2017
Any ideas to what to do?
Josec33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2022, 03:02 PM   #2

Magna?

Maybe Magnum? Which model inverter do you have? Did you try to reset it? Are you sure it's getting 12v?
dssl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 03:11 PM   #3

Magnum energy TI - 19568

If I cut the power to the RV, the device inside that connects to the inverter shows
No default but in a minute the default showing a dead battery comes back

Also I was able to push the Manuel button on the inverter to on, the green on light began, then it shut off

Thank you for responding
Old 03-19-2022, 03:12 PM   #4

How do you reset it.?
Old 03-19-2022, 03:39 PM   #5

The correct model number is T1-19568. mFG in 2016

I tried resetting by pushing down the on button on the monitor inside it resets shows the green inverter on button, the defaults to dead batteries
Old 03-19-2022, 05:26 PM   #6

It is good troubleshooting to divide an electrical problem in half.

Take your voltmeter and measure the voltage where the battery cables enter the inverter. You will know then if the problem the battery side or the inverter side.

Look for a reset button on the inverter itself.
Unplug the control panel and wait five minutes before reconnecting.

Have you measured the battery voltage at the batteries?
RichardE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 05:41 PM   #7

Since its hard to know what has been done to a coach before we got it it.Do you happen to have main battery disconnect going south between inverter and batts. It's not the norm but who knows.
A wise mentor told me always check the grounds. In his Scottish accent. I skipped some colorful language. It was first thing I did was to cleaned every frame and starter ground before driving my coach home. The PO would have let me store for 6 month in his building but it was too far. I did camp out a couple weekends fixing things that needed it like broken fridge vent curb and skylight.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 08:35 PM   #8

I agree. Make , first make sure you have the battery voltage making it to the inverter.

I am not familiar with tha inverter. Assuming the battery is connected to the inverter, then the next question is do you have a Magnum control panel? If not then at very least hopefully there are some output or lights that will give you some indication of why it is shutting down. If you can't figure out what's going on then give Magnum customer service a call, they will likely be able to advise you.
dssl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 11:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dssl View Post
If you can't figure out what's going on then give Magnum customer service a call, they will likely be able to advise you.
And make their job easier: have the model and serial numbers, and the manual for that model in front of you.

Mike
Old 03-21-2022, 02:05 AM   #10

I have seen way too many problems caused by undersized cables and poorly maintained connections. For inverter connections and battery connections I only use 4/O Welding cable with correctly sized tinned copper lugs crimped on and keep battery to inverter cable length to 2 feet max. What is your resting battery voltage? A fully charged battery bank with lead acid batteries should read 12.65 volts. How long are your inverter to battery cables? Remember ohms law… when you are pulling 10 amps at 120 volts from an inverter your batteries are putting out to the inverter 100 amps plus inverter efficiency loss and loss from 100 amps traveling through wire. Do not shoot yourself in the foot by using undersized cables. Paul R. Haller
Paul R. Haller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter