RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2017, 07:00 AM   #29
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdjshep View Post
I have a silly question. If you have the solar and night shade inside the motorhome, does it really make a difference on the inside temp by putting another shade on the outside as well?

Yes they can make a difference. The inside shades do a good job but the heat is still inside trapped between window and shade. When we are parked for a few days and sun is beating down on front window the outer shade goes on.

Wash your Hands, Wear a Mask, Social Distance
Spk64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2017, 02:30 PM   #30

Here is a good storage option for the Magne Shades. Buy a 6" galvanized stove pipe with an end cap. Apply some duct tape on ends to cover what could have a sharp edge and to keep the cap on. The Magne magnets hold the starting roll to the final roll. So no separate fasteners are needed and it keeps it tight without wrinkles. Put the windshield covers in the pipe and put cap end in first so they do not fall out as you lift the pipe out of your basement storage. Roll from left to right (or right to left) so you start and end with a row of magnets. Rigid pipe allows you to push it in on top of other items so it does not bunch. Tried a swim noodle at first and found it unsatisfactory.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2370.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	298.9 KB
ID:	175673

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2353.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	344.4 KB
ID:	175674
Breezy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:02 PM   #31

Thor Owners Club
Magna shade vs storm

I've had a Magna Shade for almost a year and love it. However, just had a thunderstorm with hail hit the campground at Emerald Isle in NC and it took the shade off the windshield. Tough storm. Just beware that it can happen.
Sanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 05:59 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy2006 View Post
Here is a good storage option for the Magne Shades. Buy a 6" galvanized stove pipe with an end cap. Apply some duct tape on ends to cover what could have a sharp edge and to keep the cap on. The Magne magnets hold the starting roll to the final roll. So no separate fasteners are needed and it keeps it tight without wrinkles. Put the windshield covers in the pipe and put cap end in first so they do not fall out as you lift the pipe out of your basement storage. Roll from left to right (or right to left) so you start and end with a row of magnets. Rigid pipe allows you to push it in on top of other items so it does not bunch. Tried a swim noodle at first and found it unsatisfactory.

Attachment 175673

Attachment 175674
I do almost the same thing, except I use a section of 4in pvc pipe to roll up the shades and store. It helps keep it wrinkle free and makes it a lot easier to store.
Dippytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:52 AM   #33

Mine is being delivered tomorrow, anxious to install and try it out. Had to make my own pattern, real PIA but they sent me the paper to do it. Got a rush order for free since I was making a pattern they could use on other coaches.
soonerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:02 PM   #34

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I finally got enough measurements together (thanks Carl) to order mine a couple weeks ago. No word on production date yet. There's so much ash from the forest fires falling I'm glad I don't have them on yet. Will have to start with the roof and work my way down again.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:14 PM   #35

I love my Magneshade, and their customer service is great!
Old 09-07-2017, 05:54 AM   #36

You will love it, easy to put on and take off and really helps keep the heat out. Also great to have morning coffee up front and be able to look out and others can't look in.
Dippytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 07:17 AM   #37

If I were you I would take a serious look at Prompt shades. I've had 2 motorhomes and 2 sets of prompt shades. Wouldn't have anything else!
bandit2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 03:45 AM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Magne-Shades are a fine product that perform well. They reduce the entry of heat as advertised, hence money well spent. We find them well made, easy to install and remove including our oversized windshield. Takes all of 5 mins to put them up/on or take them down/off. Use of the telescoping rods supplied with the oversized windshield shade make it easy.

We have the full suite; oversized W/S, both driver and passenger side windows, entry door glass and mirror covers. They also look great and provide additional privacy. No regrets having purchased them.
NKK Member 21619 / FMCA Member 465836
rewillia is offline   Reply With Quote