RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2017, 09:29 PM   #1

Magnum chassis part

Looking for a part number for airbag , front suspension on 99 safari Serengeti with magnum chassis. Not sure who to contact. Monaco only goes back to 2002 for part number.
Thank you
GB99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2017, 10:03 PM   #2

Suggest you try the Yahoo Safari friends group. https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Safarifriends/info

Wayne
WNJeffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 10:17 PM   #3

Can you get under the front of the coach at all to read a number on the side of the bag?? I have a 2000 Beaver Marquis with the Magnum chassis and all four bags up front are the same. Cant tell you the numbers though I have one in the back 4 am looking to replace. I can tell you the bags are a Goodyear 1R12 starting numbers 12 inch bag. Once you receive the number look at this website for further bag information for the rolling lobe bag chart. Goodyear Air Springs and Suspension Bags. If you bags are worn and hard to read spray some water on them and it will make the numbers on the side of the bag easier to read.
Make sure you notice how the mounting bolts are clocked in relation to the air fill port. A lot of different bags to choose from. If still have a problem at your end maybe I can check one of mine for a number might be the same. Let me know
1doodadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:27 AM   #4

Thank you very much. I'll crawl under and check it out.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB99 View Post
Looking for a part number for airbag , front suspension on 99 safari Serengeti with magnum chassis. Not sure who to contact. Monaco only goes back to 2002 for part number.
Thank you
Were you able to find any info on the air bag? You may even find some help here from Mike at Beaver Coach sales in the parts dept. number 800 382 2597 since Beaver and Safari were one at one time
1doodadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:26 AM   #6

Thank you, I was able to track down a spec sheet for the motor home. That will come in handy!
Old 03-01-2020, 11:55 PM   #7

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1doodadd View Post
Can you get under the front of the coach at all to read a number on the side of the bag?? I have a 2000 Beaver Marquis with the Magnum chassis and all four bags up front are the same. Cant tell you the numbers though I have one in the back 4 am looking to replace. I can tell you the bags are a Goodyear 1R12 starting numbers 12 inch bag. Once you receive the number look at this website for further bag information for the rolling lobe bag chart. Goodyear Air Springs and Suspension Bags. If you bags are worn and hard to read spray some water on them and it will make the numbers on the side of the bag easier to read.
Make sure you notice how the mounting bolts are clocked in relation to the air fill port. A lot of different bags to choose from. If still have a problem at your end maybe I can check one of mine for a number might be the same. Let me know
Was the right airbag ever found. We have a 1999 Beaver Patriot Thunder. Needs a Right Rear and Rearward airbag. We did not see a number on it. Seems there is little to no info on the Magnum Chassis

Thanks
DeborahWFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 07:30 AM   #8

I have found the correct Goodyear part numbers. The front are 1R11-121 and the rears are 1R12-492. You will have to re-clock the lower base to align with the top mounting studs. Lay on its side and loosen the lock bolt that holds the lower piston and bellows together. Align the top mounting studs with the bottom mounting bolts and retighten. That is for the rear bags only. This is where I purchased mine, 2 week lead time to keep in mind

https://www.stengelbros.net/1R12-492...ng_p_2975.html
Old 03-03-2020, 09:20 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1doodadd View Post
I have found the correct Goodyear part numbers. The front are 1R11-121 and the rears are 1R12-492.
Is that (1R11-121) part number good for the 2000 model year?

I saved this chart (but I'm not sure if the part numbers for the front go back to 2000)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Air Bag part numbers_ 1998-2005 Beaver.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	276871  
CountryB is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis