Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2016, 11:57 PM   #1

Maintenance, recommendations

Hello, some storage compartments have this peeled look with Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7448.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	385.9 KB
ID:	143737rust (see image). What paint do you recommend? 07 Winne Adventurer 33V. Thank you!!!!
Citti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2016, 12:07 AM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to the forum, Citti34.

Is that paint on particle board?

From the pic, it looks like a laminate material. Maybe, peel ther rest off and add a laminate sheet.

Rich
__03 15' Klamath SS w/30hp
r___r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 04:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citti34 View Post
Hello, some storage compartments have this peeled look with Attachment 143737rust (see image). What paint do you recommend? 07 Winne Adventurer 33V. Thank you!!!!
This photo view is strange. What are we looking at here? I suggest taking a couple of better photos that show a better view of what we are supposed to be advising on.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:15 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
This photo view is strange. What are we looking at here? I suggest taking a couple of better photos that show a better view of what we are supposed to be advising on.

I'll take some better photos. That's a photo of one of the storage containers open. Thank you.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
It is a view of an open compartment. Compartment door swung up. Just hard to tell what material the area with the peeled paint is made of.
awol50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:00 PM   #6

I believe it is a mild grade steel or heavy gauge sheet metal because of rust. Looks like the factory E-coating has let go and is peeling off. Two products come to mind that work exceptionaly well on rusted metal: POR-15 or Eastwood rust encapsulator. You can find both these products at Eastwood - Auto Body Repair Tools | MIG Welder | TIG Welder | Plasma Cutter | Auto Body Supplies & Accessories
MoCoTom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 07:31 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
Winnebago does a very poor job in their metal work and corrosion protection. Get your scraper, wire brush and rust conversion spray or rust treatment choice and clean everything, treat it and add the job to your annual maintenance tasks. Get under and all around your coach and inspect every bit of the Winnebago metal work, clean it and treat it. The first time I did it, I spent a considerable amount of time under the coach. Now, it is just a matter of minutes each spring inspecting and treating what Winnebago should have protected during the manufacturing process.
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoCoTom View Post
I believe it is a mild grade steel or heavy gauge sheet metal because of rust. Looks like the factory E-coating has let go and is peeling off. Two products come to mind that work exceptionaly well on rusted metal: POR-15 or Eastwood rust encapsulator. You can find both these products at Eastwood - Auto Body Repair Tools | MIG Welder | TIG Welder | Plasma Cutter | Auto Body Supplies & Accessories

Awesome, thank you!
Old 11-07-2016, 08:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetMan View Post
Winnebago does a very poor job in their metal work and corrosion protection. Get your scraper, wire brush and rust conversion spray or rust treatment choice and clean everything, treat it and add the job to your annual maintenance tasks. Get under and all around your coach and inspect every bit of the Winnebago metal work, clean it and treat it. The first time I did it, I spent a considerable amount of time under the coach. Now, it is just a matter of minutes each spring inspecting and treating what Winnebago should have protected during the manufacturing process.

Will do, thank you.

Tags
maintenance