Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2022, 02:30 PM   #1

Manual DPF Regen

I have a 2016 Freightliner Thor Venetian. Where is the manual DPF regeneration switch located?
RockinGRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2022, 06:52 PM   #2

Don't know about your Thor, but my Winnebago it is under the steering column. Get your owners manual out and it should tell you where it is and the proper procedure for its use.
'13 Ram Laramie 3500, Aisin auto,4:10, Reese adapter and 20K hitch, '10 HitchHiker 36LKRSB
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 07:22 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just curious, Why are you doing a manual regen, are you getting a light? Attended two of the Cummins seminars,they do not recommend a manual regen anymore, nor should it be needed. It is only a characteristic on OTR trucks who idle for extended periods.

Call 1 800 CUMMINS with your engine S/N, they can give you specific advice.
Corc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 06:21 AM   #4

Manual DPF Regen

I had an engine code SPN 3216 FMI OC2 that indicates high NOX reading a year ago. I took it to a diesel mechanic and he hooked it up to a computer to do a regen. It took 3 regens to clear the code.
I got the code again last month so I thought I would do some manual regens to clear it.
I called Freightliner and they said there is a way to do manual regen but only if the engine MIL was “like puffs of smoke”. He said that my 3216 code should clear itself after a few restarts of the engine. He did not recommend doing the manual regen.
So now I’m confused. Why did it work last year? I guess if I would have done 3 more restarts last year the code would have cleared.
RockinGRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 09:07 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I would call Cummins, not Freightliner on this.

It could be a NoX sensor, could need regen,or several other things. I don’t think starting it will do anything, if the after treatment device is working, it needs lots of heat, Run at highway speeds, not just starts or idle.

They have removed easy manual regen from RVs because of the dangers of ultra high exhaust temps in RV camping environments. It is also not usually necessary, given RV drive patterns. Dodge 3/4 ton trucks, with the same ISB engine don’t have manual regen switch either.

Call CUMMINS to see what they advise. The advice usually given is to RUN at highways speeds and let it do a natural regeneration.
Corc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual