Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2022, 04:48 PM   #1

map light switch wiring diagram

2006 Kountry Star 3778.
I unplugged the passenger side map light switch and need help plugging the connection back together.
Floridagirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2022, 05:24 PM   #2

How about a couple of pictures of the plug, looking into it and from the outside. You don't want to hook it up backwards, that would put hot to ground. So there's probably a key (small piece of plastic on one half that fits in a groove on the other half), slightly different size or shape between the ends.
Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 06:49 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum.

I caught the title to your thread before I really read what you are asking so the first thing I did was go scrounging around in my files to see if I had any wiring diagrams for that particular coach. I did find some PDFs of wiring but nothing that really could be associated with re-connecting a map light.

I may ask a moderator to move this to the Newmar Owner's Forum as somebody there may know immediately how to help you with that connection.

In the meantime, I did find something you might want to download and keep in your files as it's the generic 12v electrical information for all 2006 and 2007 Newmar products. It very well might come in handy for future reference purposes if you have other wiring or fuse questions but I doubt if it will help you reconnect the wire to your map light. It will give a lot of good information about wire colors, fuse locations, etc., and some general wiring schematics however, and I believe the link has been posted previously over in the Newmar Owners Forum:

12V ELECTRICAL 2006 & 2007 NEWMAR CORPORATION TECHNICAL SERVICE MANUAL

eta: ...and as Argosy mentioned, it's always good to post some pics with your post when you ask questions or need help as it will sometimes clarify the problem for those of us who are not very good at interpreting questions people ask ...I'm really bad at that.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, switch, wiring, wiring diagram