Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
MCD blinds help in San Diego

We just started full timing in August and made plans to have new MCD blinds put in at the factory in McKinney, Texas. We made arrangements to have them manufactured prior to our arrival on Sunday (Oct. 14) and installed on Tuesday, leaving on Wednesday (Oct 17), so that we could spend our 36th wedding anniversary in San Antonio on the Riverwalk.

MCD was wonderful. We thoroughly enjoyed our short time there. The blinds look great and we are very happy to have them. However, just prior to our arrival in San Diego, one of the blinds came out of the clips and fell on the floor.

We called MCD and they put us in touch with Tropic Shield Sunshades here in San Diego. Steve contacted us right away and made plans to come by the coach here at Mission Bay RV Park. He arrived right on scheduled time and replaced the blind and put in another clip that would hold it even stronger. He also fixed one of the blinds that was not going all of the way up and was moving very slowly. He even came back one other time to re-adjust another blind. One of our neighbors was so impressed that he is having Steve order and install the blinds in their Revolution.

I can't say enough nice things about Steve and Tropic Shield Sunshades. If you are anywhere near the San Diego area and looking to get MCD blinds installled, then call Steve at (619) 667-0476 or his cell at (619) 851-2219. I do NOT normally do these type of endorsements, but was really pleased with his knowledge and performance, so this one is easy.
bafrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #2

So, are you the reason for all rain in San Diego today!!!! Missing it from Florida?

Thanks for sharing. I'll add Steve and Tropic Shield Sunshades to my RV contact phone numbers. Good service does happen by many companies. It is a shame that all too often, it is the negative posts and updates that make it to the 'all knowing' internet...

If you have time, add them a positive review on RV Service Review site too...

Enjoy your visit, and stay off of our highways in the rain - as we are in severe 'Storm Watch', and NO ONE CAN DRIVE IN THE RAIN IN SAN DIEGO!
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Definitely recommend putting the review on rvservicereviews.com.
We're getting MCD shades in next week, but will attempt to install them ourselves. If we don't manage we'll definitely be giving these guys a call.
Nina
Old 12-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #4

I have MCD Shade on my "To do" list for early 2013...I am hoping to have them installed by spring.
Oscar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #5

Last year I had Greg (Trees to These) install mine. One if the best improvements to my coach.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:06 PM   #6

Tropic Shield Sun Shades

Tropic Shield Sun Shades, Steve Smith, San Diego Calf.
We recently had Steve install the MCD Day and Night shades in our 5th wheel.
He did a wonderful job. He was prompt and very detailed in his work. He knows all about the shades. Since I measured wrong he was so smart and figured a way to install the shades. Yes he had to make a frame and he worked with the fabric and also his fabric to finish the shades beautifully. They look perfect and you could not even tell.
I highldy recommend Steve to install your shades. He can fix anything. He is a perfectionist in his work.
Thank you Steve
12/22/2015
Geri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 03:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Mike View Post
I have MCD Shade on my "To do" list for early 2013...I am hoping to have them installed by spring.
I suggest you at least look around for other options besides MCD shades.

Maybe their electric models are better, but I can't recommend manual MCDs.

Of the 7 manual shades I installed a few years ago, 3 won't roll up all the way (one hardly at all) and another shade has to be held down with a clamp most of the time to keep it down.

I've performed readjustments per MCD instructions, but the shades still fail.
TechWriter is online now   Reply With Quote