Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2018, 09:33 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Inflatable sleeping pad here, from Wal-Mart
saltcreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2018, 01:52 AM   #30

I carry a rolled Matt
jumpingjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 06:25 AM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Cheap cloth shower curtain from a discount store and a couple of old towels. Have had the shower curtain for about 17 years and use it often. The towels protect my old knees when kneeling on rough surfaces, plus can use as rags if needed. The shower curtain is cheap (less than $5.00), durable, light, waterproof, easy to slide on, and opens to about five by five area if needed.
AA4TG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 06:49 AM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I said cloth, when I should have said a lined synthetic shower curtatn. The synthetic weave makes it tough and the lineing makes it waterproof. I just looked on line and the prices are now in the $10.00 to $20.00 range. I guess that's not a large increase in 17 years.
AA4TG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 07:01 AM   #33

At home I use cardboard. In the RV I use either an old shower curtain or a chunk of my old awning fabric.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:05 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVjody View Post
Newbie question again

Do you guys carry a dolly onboard for rolling in under your RVs?

Or am I crazy to think that would be a good idea? LOL

Side note: drove my first DP!! 40 foot Tradewinds at a dealer - aside from a lot of cupboards rattling, it wasn’t as noisy as we thought it may be😎 and!! Highway driving with some good city stops and curbs - not one ride up on a curb
*feeling proud of myself* ... and definitely going to take the course! LOL
Simple /Quick answer YES.

Now I've been doing this RV thing for over 50 years, never needed on when I was younger but at 50 it became part of the "Equipment" - but I ran a Heavy Construction Company for 30 years so......... these DP's were just like a Dump Truck just cleaner/smaller.

So over the last 20 years I've used it Often - Grease - Change oil - fix water leaks - still carry a 6x6 folded mat for the times a creeper is not possible, and a pair of lightweight coveralls, these things do break and they do require maintenance.

So unless your idea of service is a CC and a Cell Phone, my advice is to slide it in - really takes very little space.

JMHO,

I also carry one of these with the tools I use most often, just makes life easier. - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016BOX62M...a-318198582386

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 07:07 AM   #35

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I do not. it is not often I am parked on a surfact where that dolly can be used.. I do however carry a pad I can lay on.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:47 AM   #36
YC1

https://www.amazon.com/ALPS-Mountain...mat&th=1&psc=1

I have used one of these for years and gave mine away last year to a friend. I bought another one. They take up little space and you don't deal with the height of wheels etc. These also work on gravel whereas a wheeled one will not.

After looking at the one suggested on Amazon I am going to give that a try.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:29 AM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Here is the one I carry, it converts to a seat so I can sit by basement doors comfortably.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 01-20-2018, 09:46 AM   #38

I carry an old patio furniture seat and back pad. Nice cushioning on pavement and cannot feel the hot or cold. Also nice cushioning on knees and wet surfaces. As they get old and dirty etc I finally toss them but always seem to have more pads to replace them.
diesel odor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 12:21 PM   #39

Old shower curtain, cardboard, painting canvas type drop cloth, anything that does the job without going out & specifically buying something to do the job. Chances are the work has to be done on a gravel or dirt ground so anything with little wheels is not going to work.

It is like have a ladder. How often do you need a ladder. There is always somebody in ther CG with a ladder if that lightbulb up high burns out.
Triangle Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:22 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triangle Drifter View Post
Old shower curtain, cardboard, painting canvas type drop cloth, anything that does the job without going out & specifically buying something to do the job. Chances are the work has to be done on a gravel or dirt ground so anything with little wheels is not going to work.

It is like have a ladder. How often do you need a ladder. There is always somebody in ther CG with a ladder if that lightbulb up high burns out.
There is always somebody in the campground with some food or a bathroom too.
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:34 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
There is always somebody in the campground with some food or a bathroom too.
Or on the side of the road when you Need it Most.

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:54 PM   #42

X3 on the card board. I use two pieces and leap frog my way around. Shower curtain if it is wet.

Tags
dolly