Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2018, 07:22 AM   #29

Ford Super Duty Owner
Mice control

X2 on cab fresh for inside and use old cobblers farnam blocks of mice poison in closed containers with holes for mice to enter under RV near power cord/dumps lines/wheels. We used cab fresh in our last RV with good success but when it was not available for a time period we used the old cobblers blocks under the RV and found that it also did the trick. cab fresh needs to be in closed areas and replaced every 3 months or scent gets too little to repel. The old cobblers worked better than other mice poison we tried. It was recommended to us by 2 feed stores as the best. Old cobblers is on amazon.
ccrewstx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2018, 09:46 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezetel View Post
We are hoping this works. Our motor home is parked in the grass all summer at our work location and mice have defeated everything mentioned previously. I also wired some led lights on a timer to be on all night, read somewhere that is supposed to deter them but I am not hopeful.
The coyote urine makes sense, have to get me some.
Looks like a good idea. What about an outside cat? If it is doable it will solve the problem.
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 04:42 PM   #31

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have a special amasssator to the world of Mice.

He greets them with MEOW and... I never see 'em again.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:10 AM   #32

Outside cat won't work. The man, who graciously lets us park in his yard for the summer, has dogs that keep his place cat free.
Pezetel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:42 AM   #33

We have had problems in the past and like many others we started plugging holes with steel wool, caulk and foam. Then I took a spray bottle with Irish Spring soap and water in it and do a lap around the outside of the motorhome spraying the ground, tires and low access points. We have had 1 mouse in 4 years since I started this routine. Much better than the 20 or so we caught the first year. lol
mtnxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:24 AM   #34

Just wondering ...Coachman advertises a "rodent proof barrier" that covers the entire underside of the coach in their Sportscoach motorhomes anyone have good results with it? Does it work?
Old 04-26-2018, 07:56 PM   #35

I tried almost all of the above with no luck

They were taking up residence in the valley under the intake manifold but nothing inside the RV

I put 2 12v 20" LED strips and 1 standard 120v LED bulb in the engine compartment strategically placed

In addition I completely washed the area with bleach and cleanser and then sprayed a light coat of WD40 throughout the effected area

Same problem in my truck parked in the driveway.

Did the same method and no issues since

It's been about 6 months and have had no squatters
so far it's working