Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2021, 06:24 PM   #29

We installed 6 Toyo 245/75 22.5 4 months ago on our 1999 Discovery for just under $2200 with balance beads. Couldn’t be happier. They ride great.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2021, 06:31 PM   #30

Michelin tires and their high price,
Old 09-01-2021, 07:18 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmbrewr View Post
I just replaced 6 295/80R/22.5 yesterday with 4 Bridgestones on the rear and Michelins on the front.$4600 OTD mounted & balanced. At a large truck tire shop. That even beat the FMCA discount price. I had tried all the usual shops before including Schwab, Everybody was out of stock. Suggest you check around local Large truck Tire shops in your area. Maybe Santa Rosa.Good Luck
Wow, that's that's over $750/tire. Guess I haven't priced tires recently. Three years ago, I replaced all eight Michelins with 295/80/22.5 Toyo's for $3600 out the door. Then I sold the 5 year old Michelins takeoffs for $600 for a net cost under $400/tire. . Guess it might be a bit more in two years when I do the same.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 08:44 PM   #32

been looking for awhile for some aluminum wheels for my winnie.finally found a set of 4 new wheels got em for 300 apiece and just had 2 245/75/22.5 toyo m154s mounted for the front as i had some weird wear patterns not really cupping on one front,they are dated 2008 so i was on borrowed time to begin with.they were 750 out the door tax and all,which i was happy with,now hopefully before winter i can get the 4 back ones replaced.those are all dated 2013 so they need to go too.

as for the toyo stink,yup they do i got these tires mounted on the rims but have yet to get em put on and they are setting in my garage,the day after i put em in there i went in and about puked it was ungodly strong,so i opened the door all day to clear the smell,and as weather permits i open the door so over the last week it is getting less and less noticable.
catmandoo62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 11:12 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Jimymc, IN 2017 I bought 6 new Sailun truck tires 275/70R22.5" LR H. So far they have performed just like the Goodyears I removed due to age of 9 years.
Best part, the total bill for tires, mounting and balancing, including all taxes and disposal fees was $1,380 for all 6 tires.
I reached that decision by walking through truck stops and noting steer tire brands on semi's.

Michelin states on their website cracking is due to lack of use.
Wow. $230 each mounted and balanced is an incredible deal even in 2017.
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 11:26 PM   #34

Love my Toyos and yes they still smell after a year of part time use.
Old 09-02-2021, 11:41 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Sounds like an excuse. Michelin has several factories in several countries. I'm sure some of them shut down last year but should be up by now. It all depends on what size you need.

Recommend you shop online. Try simpletire.com
They will ship to an installer near you.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 07:13 PM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
Sounds like an excuse. Michelin has several factories in several countries. I'm sure some of them shut down last year but should be up by now. It all depends on what size you need.

Recommend you shop online. Try simpletire.com
They will ship to an installer near you.
My 6 new Michelin’s are date coded 2021 so they have to be open this year
Barneyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
michelin, tire, tires