Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2022, 09:52 AM   #1

Midland brake air dryer filter

I have a 1998 Gulf Stream diesel pusher that I just acquired.
In looking it over I noticed that the air dryer filter looked like it hadn't been replaced in a while, I pulled it off and could not find a part number on it anywhere, took it to NAPA, then truck repair shops and no one could find a replacement filter.
It is a Midland/grau and has an oddball screw on thread size of 2 1/2", has anyone ran into this and found a replacement filter?
I sent a request to Haldex for help but have not heard back from them.
Thanks
bigsky56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2022, 10:10 AM   #2

Welcome to iRV2

Does your Midland dryer look like the one in this pdf ?

The picture is the same as my dryer and the numbers are .
Desiccant filter Mid DA 33210
Coalescing filter Mid DQ 6012
These are numbers Freightliner Help line gave me a number of years back .
If they are not available in your area , perhaps a call to the chassis manufacturer is in order .
If your coach is on a Freightliner chassis , and there is no local dealer, then try '
1-800-385-4357

I hate to say this but if parts supply is an issue maybe an update to a newer dryer is in order .
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Air Dryer Maintenance web version.pdf (161.5 KB, 72 views)
Old 05-01-2022, 09:32 PM   #3

Ya I was hoping to spend $150 for a filter, and not $1000 to replace the whole system, of course thats my luck, you can find any part you want for collector cars.
Old 05-01-2022, 09:36 PM   #4

guess I'm not fluent enough let to be able to attach a picture from my computer
Old 05-01-2022, 09:43 PM   #5

so my filter that I took off didn't have the coalescing filter in it,
but the entire unit looks exactly like the one on page 5 (figure 1)
Old 05-01-2022, 11:09 PM   #6

Took me three weeks and many attempts to figure posting photos out .

Resize before trying to post , too large a format and the site computer does weird things , or rejects the upload. 640 pixels works fine for me.

When the attachment window is open and you have the photo selected and hit the download button, wait , until the "download complete" prompt appears before closing the window .

I believe there are rebuilt dryers available for only slightly more than the cost of the two filters .
I'm due for service myself this summer so I'll look around for pricing on filters and the assembly.
Old 05-01-2022, 11:57 PM   #7

Ok ; trouble right here in river city .

Desiccant filter # DA 33120 changes to Haldex DQ 6036

Cross reference to Baldwin BA 5371 or Wix WS 10070

No luck on the Coalescing filter yet . ; change up # or cross .

I'll be back .
Old 05-02-2022, 12:43 AM   #8

OK ,

Best so far ( the DA 33120 # comes up in cross reference at the bottom of the page. )

https://www.anythingtruck.com/

If you have any numbers on the filter or dryer , confirm the kit is correct for your dryer before ordering .

OF COURSE ! I Can't get the link to work .

Go to the home page in the link and search DQ 6026
Old 05-02-2022, 05:14 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
I hate to say this but if parts supply is an issue maybe an update to a newer dryer is in order .
I'll agree with that 100%. These are old, the parts were originally from commercial vehicles, the numbers built were small compared to cars. They were used up and replaced so parts are hard to find, expensive if you do.

I found a Bendix AD9 air dryer (rebuilt by Bendix) to replace the original AD4 for $150 (ebay), far less than piecing together everything from everywhere, and there were some parts I couldn't find. When this one needs rebuilt I can buy a current kit from anywhere.
Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 05:23 AM   #10

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Took me three weeks and many attempts to figure posting photos out .

Resize before trying to post , too large a format and the site computer does weird things , or rejects the upload. 640 pixels works fine for me.

When the attachment window is open and you have the photo selected and hit the download button, wait , until the "download complete" prompt appears before closing the window .

I believe there are rebuilt dryers available for only slightly more than the cost of the two filters .
I'm due for service myself this summer so I'll look around for pricing on filters and the assembly.

Probably the easiest way to reduce the pic file size is to use the "Snipping Tool" and save that (saves as a .pdf). The file size goes to a fraction but still as clear.

To the OP, this might help:
Scroll down to "Additional Options --> Manage Attachments --> Browse --> [select file from your computer] --> Upload.

Then if you hit "Preview Post" next to the "Submit", you can see how it looks.
Old 05-02-2022, 07:33 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer1 View Post
Probably the easiest way to reduce the pic file size is to use the "Snipping Tool" and save that (saves as a .pdf). The file size goes to a fraction but still as clear.

Scroll down to "Additional Options --> Manage Attachments --> Browse --> [select file from your computer] --> Upload.

I just email the pic to myself. As part of that process, it will ask you if you want to downsize the pics.
Old 05-02-2022, 12:12 PM   #12

I assume most members are using phone to take pics. Even if you don't want to type a post on phone app by far way easier to post a pic. Make title post your pic/s edit the body on PC within 30 min. I don't think I ever had a pic wrong way around either. It's easy to rotate, crop pics in gallery or make a screen grab from webpage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer1 View Post

153stars is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, brake