Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #1

Mirror Arms

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to spruce up the black metal mirror support arms on my Holiday Rambler? The metal is rough so wax does not work, and I don't think painting would be a good idea. I'm hoping for some liquid material that I could spray on and bring them back normal.

Thanks for any help.

RVsteve
2008 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40'
RVsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2011, 05:14 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
I painted mine with spray paint. It was not hard at all. Just tape off the sidewall and mirror. I painted mine three years ago and it still looks great. I know you said you didnt want to paint but it really is easy.
ga traveler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:22 PM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
For outside repairs with rough surfaces I prefer to use DUPLI-COLOR truck bed liner coating. The spray kind. I have used it for mirrors, painted rear bumpers, wheel well trim, and inside wheel wells. It is matt black and has a rough texture that hides imperfections well. Good luck and happy trails...........ron spradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Look at the Krylon paints as well. Making the areas around the mirrors in not hard.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Take them off and get them powder coated in a color to natch the coach.
dons2346 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:03 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Take them off and get them powder coated in a color to natch the coach.
OR, have them chrome plated
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:40 AM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by H. Miller View Post
OR, have them chrome plated
My Velvac mirrors are chromed but it is beginning to peel off and bubble up. They are beginning to look like krap and when they get bad enough, they will be powder coated. The PC is much cheaper and easier to do, plus it will stand up much better to the elements.
dons2346 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:02 PM   #8

I have a brand new velvac on my driver side,Iwill have to do something whith the other side .I was thinking of tremclad gloss.I did a fair job on my 1992 mh.I just upgraded to 2001 Suncruiser and I have bought It from some one that kept a few secrets from me... so I am fixing It.
When you have a "good deal " you can expect a few supprises ,like brakes ,stater for the generator,but my mecanic says it is in good shape ,it a Banks Power systeme so once I am finish fixing it,it should be good for a while
A few freinds told me that we are never finish repairing things on a MH .But Ithink it is labor of love . I am doing my best in English ,you must have figured out I am a french canadian . Happy Trails.
Fat Albert
Fat Albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:04 AM   #9

I do not know who made your mirrors but I have a 2004 Endeavor which had a simular problem. My chrome started to pit.My mirrors were made by Ramco and I called them. Ramco sent me new bases and new arms at no charge but I requested they send me painted ones. I did have to mail the old ones back. Ramco 800-321-4819, if you have Velvac mirrors 800-783-8871
Robert T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:42 PM   #10

I have a brand new set of Velvac chrome bases and arms that I bought for my 2000 American Dream on another forum. The bases did not fit my Dream and I wound up buying a whole new set of bases, arms, and mirrors from American Coach. The guy next to me had a 2002 (?) Holiday Rambler Endeavor and the bases fit his coach. Anyway, I now have the bases, arms and chrome mirrors (heated and 6 way with wiring harness). If anyone is interested, PM me.

TedToo
Now in Elkhart, IN
TedToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #11

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Painting is really the only way to make them look better of course you could also buy replacements. I think however a can of good paint would be cheaper than new replacements.
DRosedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:56 PM   #12

mirrors

TedToo, I sent you a pm as I am interested in the mirrors.
JPMaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:04 AM   #13

There's a place in Woodburn Indiana that has a surplus of mirrors and bases/arms for several brands of MH. I bought a set of the arms for my'02 Eagle to replace mine that were beginning to peel.
dukenrock is offline   Reply With Quote