RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2017, 01:51 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Moisture in between glass

I have a 17 Vista LX. On the passenger side at knee level there is a window that the dealer calls the dog window. I guess you could use it to see a car on the right. Not a good design. I have what I think is water between the glass. I'm still under warranty and can take it in but I doubt my local dealer can fix it. Hasn't been able to fix anything else, so I just do it myself. Any ideas, has anyone else had this issue. Suggestions before I take it in.
fcbbob15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2017, 02:08 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Double pane glass can lose the seal between the glass panes and moisture can enter due to barometric pressure changes. The remedy is to disassemble the window, replace the desiccant used to absorb moisture, and assemble again with new sealant. No special gases are used. You could do it yourself, but you do have a warranty. If the local dealer can't do it, then demand they remove the window, send it to someone who can, and replace it.

The faster it gets fixed, the less chance of etching of the interior glass surfaces, which would require replacing the glass panes.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 02:24 PM   #3

HI Fcbbob15; Most likely since your coach is under warranty, I would think that they would just order another window and install it. For the dealer it would be the quickest way to go or just demand they replace the window. From what you describe, the window is not that large. Tell them you want it replaced and if you get not satisfaction there, call the factory and let them know what you want done. Good luck!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 08:07 AM   #4

Have it replaced.
It doesn't have to be your dealer. There are many other warranty authorized shops, mobile repair folks etc., that can order it and replace it for you. Call the factory for a list of authorized folks in your area.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 12:57 PM   #5

I suggest a warranty repair. Dealer won't attempt a repair because it's too labor intensive. At mimimum they'll replace the glass but most likely the whole window.

There are a few companies that rebuild windows, but I a haven't heard of an RV dealer that does.
astrnmrtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 02:00 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Winnebagos under warranty with a double pane window with moisture or discoloration between panes - the Winnebago dealer will get authorization from Winnebago to remove and replace the entire window assembly, they will not attempt to disassemble and repair the double pane glass unit. Winnebago will provide the exact same window for replacement. Winnebago will pay for dealer to use the Winnebago specified adhesive/sealant same as what was used at the factory.

You will have to take your RV to a Winnebago Dealer or Winnebago Factory Service. Listing of them is available on Winnebago's web site.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 01:37 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Finally got it in so they could look at and take pictures. Now we hurry up and wait. Took three months for the last simple repair. (replace couch pull strap)
Old 12-16-2017, 02:01 PM   #8

I had all my windows resealed 3 years ago and this spring had to have them resealed under warranty with the new spacer sealant. One thing I can say, Dave Root stands behind his work
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:15 PM   #9

Nor'easters Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The window is to see a car on your right when you are turning. Big problem with trucks where cars will sneak in and be in that blind spot. I'd warranty it myself, those are rather expensive...
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:28 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Update almost two months later the window has been replaced. I hope this one is good.

Tags
moisture