Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #1

Monaco Cayman XL TV Install

Hi Everyone

We just recently purchased our 2007 Monaco Cayman XL diesel pusher. Right after we purchased the coach, we had the coach serviced and was advised to replace the trailing arms because they have a history of breaking. We just completed that work and now we need to install a new TV over the dash but I cannot find any instructions for hooking the TV up to all of the equipment.

The DVD player is part of the radio and there is a built in sound system which operates through the radio. I also would like to hook up a sirius satellite radio.

If anyone can be of any help, please contact us. Thanks in advance!

Frank and Jeannie
JustCruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #2

I too replaced my trailing arms, with very good results.

Your TV/Radio swap is a bit difficult to address without being there, but there are some basics.

I assume you re removing the old 80lb RCA and installing a flat screen in the same place. If your coach has the "center TV over the dash" typical of Monaco, it's like mine. After hitting our heads on the TV cabinet many times, and deciding we'd like a clear view when parked in scenic locations, we decided to raise the bottom of the the TV cabinet to match the side cabinets, and move the TV elsewhere. I know this does not address your questions, but it's something to consider before anything else.

If you plan to keep the TV there:

1. The old TV is HEAVY - you need two strong people to control it during removal.
2. The hookups on the new TV with be similar to the hookups on the old TV, PLUS there will probably be additional hookups available on the new one.
3. Before you remove the old TV, prepare some sort of labeling system for the cables you unhook. They may already be labeled. If not, label tham BEFORE you unhook them. Hook these cables into the matching inputs, and outputs, just like on the old TV.

It sounds like you want to add some things, and your new TV will be set up to make those additions. Your new owner's manual will show where to hook them up.

You can get alot done yourself, but to do it all right you need either a media-savvy teenager or a professional to show you how to complete the hookups and make the right settings from your new TV menu screen.
NO ETA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, monaco