Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
I've owned a Holiday Rambler (Monaco) pusher ... an '06 purchased new in late '05 ... built on the RR8R Roadmaster chassis. It was ok. I know of lots of Owners and a couple of Dealers that are not happy with this particular chassis however. It seems that if you get a "bad one", it's really bad. As for the outboard air bags that they brag so much about, I don't really get it or felt it. I've had two Spartan chassis(s) now and they're both much better on the road. My current AC, on the Spartan "Liberty" chassis is amazing and my previous (Tiffin tag) was as well. We looked at both the Entegra and the Dynasty prior to settling on our current choice. I certainly agree with statements about the interior of the Dynasty, especially the rear bath, but, Entegra is no slouch either? We have a few Owners in our Resort (OR Port St. Lucie) and the Owners are very happy it appears. I think I would choose the Entegra today if I had the privelige of having to make that choice.
Coached is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #16

You have picked two of the best coaches available. You will not be unhappy with either. So just drive them both and pick the one you and your significant other like the layout, looks, and drive on best. Don't worry about number of bags or chassis maker. Both have good chassis and number of air bags IMHO is a non issue. We have 10 air bags. Ours rides well. As far as I know provost have 4 bags.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:26 PM   #17

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post
Go with the Entegra. It is one of two (the other Tiffin) lines of coaches owned by a family, not a corporation. All things considered, I want to talk to the owner rather than a board of directors. What's more, there is an extra $80,000 in untouchable money that goes to the corporation that can't be bargained, so the Monaco is starting in a deficit. I'm surprised you're not also looking at a Zephyr.
Newmar is also family owned.
Quote:
In 1991, Mahlon Miller became the sole owner of Newmar Corporation. That year, we were proud to introduce a patented power slideout in our Class A products, and an even larger slideout in our fifth wheels.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #18

I would stay away from any MH powered by Navstar (International) they are new to the RV power deal. We have a few Navstar vehicles, and lets just say they are truck service shops. Go buy and take a look at a couple of them, I would not want my MH any where one of them. Every time we get a vehicle back from them grease everywhere. I personally don't think they are going to be RV friendly. No more Navstar trucks in my future done with that. JMHO.
bbeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldrtrcr View Post
That's interesting. Having no "issues" with either my '07 Phaeton or my '12 Bus.

Got to disagree. Had nothing but problems with my 2011 Tiffin Allegro Bus. After it burnt to the ground, & to this day everyone is still blaming each other for the fire. No one from Tiffin ever contacted me to see if we were OK. Ordered a Cornerstone and should take delivery next month. If you live in Calif. stay away from Tiffin, worst dealer representation in the US
Goodwin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #20

As the saying goes, I have no horse in this race, but Navistar has just had some very serious issues with their engines and have had to scrap their EGR technology. We just went through the Entegra factory and it was very impressive to see how they build their units.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
I shopped a 2012 dynasty at Lazydays (Florida) back in May.

It was offered with a Cummins 650 Hp engine

Lazydays rep said Navistar had run out of the smaller Cummins engines for the Dynasty but had a supply of the larger ones originally bought for Signatures, so they were offering those until they were used up
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #22

Sorry, my mistake. The Maxxforce is only in the Diplomat and below models. The Dynasty does use a Cummins Engine.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:36 AM   #23

I just answered that question and bought the 2012 Dynasty after ripping up the contract on the '13 Entegra. The quality of the coaches are not the same when you really start digging into the bus. A 400 vs 650 engine, twice the air bags, construction of the interior, placement of the AC vents when the slides are in and the bus is rolling. I really thought long and hard about the exprience in coach building. The only thing I liked better about the Entegra is that super quite ride.
joylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #24

This is our third coach. We had a '04 39' Fleetwood Excusion, the lesson learned was stay away from the rubber roof. '08 42' Allegro Bus, the lesson was Bob will get the bus repaired, but Bob should not be #7 on speed dial, and you can not make lemonaide out of a 42' lemon. Now the '12, 45' Monacco Dynasty. It took over three weeks for Lazydays to get it tweeked and ready to roll off the lot, (we rolled out at 7pm Monday night.) So far the lesson is do not expect fast service from a place with Lazy in their name.
joylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:50 PM   #25

We dealt with Lazydays (Crown Club) for 9 years -- they are not real fast, not at all cheap, but they do very, very good work. They have maybe 300 service bays, multiple paint booths to hold the whole coach, a large chassis shop, and a complete woodworking shop. I would use them again without hesitation.
Since you bought it there, you can have your warranty work done there, and use the Crown Club facilities. Plus, they will bring your coach back at night, or let you stay in the bays (well, not paint bays).
As you can tell, I like Lazydays. And no, I don't work there or own stock (I think it is employee owned).
mgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:03 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
LD is not employee owned. Really wish it were.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfunde01
LD is not employee owned. Really wish it were.
The founder of LD, Don Wallace, established an ESOP at LD back in the 90's and employees owned a substantial % of the company when it was sold to an investment group. Many of the employees, who had been in the ESOP since it was established, we're instant millionaires. I remember seeing a Lotus sports car in a mechanic's parking lot several whereas ago.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco