Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #1

Motor home is finally home

Got my motor home back Wednesday after a heart and lung transplant(motor and dash AC compressor). The instrument cluster was also replaced, as the speedo jumped to 40 mph as soon as I started moving. Ford even set the correct mileage. The fuel pump was not putting out enough volume or pressure, so that was replaced. I suspect that low fuel pump output caused a lean condition that caused the #5 piston to break the top ring land off. The check valve was not holding pressure which made it hard to start.

She was in the hospital for over 3 months, but it was not Sun City RV's fault. The claim was for over $10,000 and CEO of the warranty company had to sign off on it. She got a bath and detail before I got there to pick her up.

The tech lost the lower bushings from my anti-sway bar links, so the service manager knocked $50 off the bill. I rebuilt them with spare polyurethane bushings I had from previous shock installs. He also split the cost of the re-inspection fee for the fuel pump. The warranty rep couldn't inspect the fuel pump with the head off the engine.

I complained about the Centennial batteries bulging from sitting for three months off the charger and got the manager to agree to split the cost of two new T105 Trojan 6 volt batteries at his cost, which he said was $122. When I bought the MH last June, the batteries were only 1 month old.

The compressor was replaced because it had a very slow oil leak. The dryer and expansion valve had to be replaced for the Ford compressor warranty to be in effect. The warranty company wouldn't pay for them.

The only thing different I notice, is I now have two inputs to my rear view camera. I could almost swear the "B" input was a blank screen. It now comes on, but at a different brightness. Anybody know what would cause that?

$100.00 Deductible
$ 55.00 Dryer
$ 55.65 Expansion valve
$122.00 Trojan battery
$ 21.17 Tax
$352.82 Total

I paid ~$4500 for the warranty(service contract) in June. I think I got my monies worth.

Would I take it back to Sun City RV again? I don't know. I found Massey's diesel and RV that is closer to home and got excellent ratings on the RV Service Review web site.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Got my motor home back Wednesday after a heart and lung transplant(motor and dash AC compressor). The instrument cluster was also replaced, as the speedo jumped to 40 mph as soon as I started moving. Ford even set the correct mileage. The fuel pump was not putting out enough volume or pressure, so that was replaced. I suspect that low fuel pump output caused a lean condition that caused the #5 piston to break the top ring land off. The check valve was not holding pressure which made it hard to start.

She was in the hospital for over 3 months, but it was not Sun City RV's fault. The claim was for over $10,000 and CEO of the warranty company had to sign off on it. She got a bath and detail before I got there to pick her up.

The tech lost the lower bushings from my anti-sway bar links, so the service manager knocked $50 off the bill. I rebuilt them with spare polyurethane bushings I had from previous shock installs. He also split the cost of the re-inspection fee for the fuel pump. The warranty rep couldn't inspect the fuel pump with the head off the engine.

I complained about the Centennial batteries bulging from sitting for three months off the charger and got the manager to agree to split the cost of two new T105 Trojan 6 volt batteries at his cost, which he said was $122. When I bought the MH last June, the batteries were only 1 month old.

The compressor was replaced because it had a very slow oil leak. The dryer and expansion valve had to be replaced for the Ford compressor warranty to be in effect. The warranty company wouldn't pay for them.

The only thing different I notice, is I now have two inputs to my rear view camera. I could almost swear the "B" input was a blank screen. It now comes on, but at a different brightness. Anybody know what would cause that?

$100.00 Deductible
$ 55.00 Dryer
$ 55.65 Expansion valve
$122.00 Trojan battery
$ 21.17 Tax
$352.82 Total

I paid ~$4500 for the warranty(service contract) in June. I think I got my monies worth.

Would I take it back to Sun City RV again? I don't know. I found Massey's diesel and RV that is closer to home and got excellent ratings on the RV Service Review web site.
Glad to hear you got her back in one piece!! You sure did get your money's worth out of that warranty.!!!

Keep us posted!
Old 03-23-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Glad you got Breeze home and I hope all is smooth sailing from this point forward!
Old 03-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #4

I'm all smiles, even though I missed 4 dune trips. I have a lot of mods planned that I've had to put off for a lifetime. I going out to the Rally to see if there is anything cool to celebrate her coming home. A belated birthday present for me.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #5

What an exciting day Now you will not miss no more dune trips. Oh and dont get your RV stuck in the sand I will be spending quite a bit of time at the dunes this summer and this is my worst fear.
CorLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Congrats! Glad you got er back. Now get out and test everthing!
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Congrats, it's about time
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
You know what this means? Dunner is back on the road. No one is safe!
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
You know what this means? Dunner is back on the road. No one is safe!
Old 03-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #10

CorLynn, the trick is to keep moving and knowing where the soft spots are.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Looks like you got a real good deal. Glad you have it back and finally enjoy it again. Now get out there and sure everything is operating correctly.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #12

I found a vacuum line coming from the evaporator that was about 5' long. Pulled the engine cover and spent over an hour looking for where it went, only to realize that the end was plugged. Don't know what it is for, but it had a factory plug in it.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
CorLynn, the trick is to keep moving and knowing where the soft spots are.
agree we have got our rigs (4 wheelers) stuck multiple times and i dont even sweat that, it's part of the fun But the thought of getting a MH stuck freaks me out I will be going to dunes i've never been to so i think that is where my fear comes from. If i was going to be in my home dunes it would be no problem, we know those like the back of our hand. The locals here tell us the oregon dunes are pretty hard core.....*shrugs shoulders* we will see
CorLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wow that needs to be posted ....soo many disagree withthe service contract.....good luck in the future!!!...jim/lorraine
jponyboyace is offline   Reply With Quote