Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2017, 10:02 AM   #1

Motorhome warranty

We are about to purchase a used class A motorhome. Any suggestions on what the best warranty provider might be? Or warranty providers to stay away from?
Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
FG
FernG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2017, 11:57 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Tell us more about the RV what is it, from whom are you purchasing?
Old 05-12-2017, 01:23 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I can only speak about the Good Sam Extended Service Plan but I think they all act on the same principle. Don't think of it as an extended warranty but more of an insurance plan. Realize that there is a deductible involved and the company will do everything in their power to reduce their liability and payout in the event of a claim. I bought the Good Sam ESP for the first year in our new to us coach. I made one claim for an a/c compressor replacement (chassis). The repair shop had to make three calls to Good Sam to argue over part numbers, prices, etc. In the end, Good Sam would only pay for a rebuilt compressor and not the receiver/dryer. The receiver/dryer replacement is common sense on a compressor job and also called for by the Ford service manual. I paid for it myself, along with the cost of the new compressor vs rebuilt. I appreciate the time my mechanic spent in dealing with them but it was a major hassle.

After getting well acquainted with my coach over the last year, I decided not to renew the ESP. My biggest concern and the reason I bought it was for a major chassis issue. Everything within the coach to me is not a major issue as I usually repair and service those things myself. After putting on 6K miles I feel more comfortable/confident in the chassis components.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:00 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
How to make a signature for your RV so we can serve you better.

1 .Click "User CP" on left side of the screen in about the middle.
2. Click "Edit Signature" on left side 7 bars down under Your Control Panel.
3. Fill out your signature information.
4. Click "Save Signature"
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:03 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Thanks for posting this. Of course , you need to be logged in to access your user CP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
How to make a signature for your RV so we can serve you better.

1 .Click "User CP" on left side of the screen in about the middle.
2. Click "Edit Signature" on left side 7 bars down under Your Control Panel.
3. Fill out your signature information.
4. Click "Save Signature"

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:50 PM   #6

Contact Wholesale Warranties, they broker for different warranty companies. I purchased mine through them and have made multiple claims and the only problem I had was when the warranty company refused to pay sales tax on a new radiator. I called Wholesale Warranty who then called the warranty company and the tax was paid. There's a lot of reports here of Good Sam and other companies that weasel out of paying but I've never had that experience. Insist on a exclusionary warranty that lists what it won't pay.
37driver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome, warranty