Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2016, 07:49 AM   #57

Monaco Owners Club
d-Con Wedges and no more mice! A little over $2 per package

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2016, 03:45 PM   #58

Winnebago Owners Club
Newbe here, just where do you put this stuff. Under sinks, cargo holes, around tires, engine compartment??? Would spraying Peppermint oil/stuff around/under coach help?
Chiefig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 04:29 PM   #59

Rodent problem?

I have cats! I haven't seen a mouse in years
Dennistimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 05:11 PM   #60

Winnebago Owners Club
Think putting 4x4 piece under each tire in outdoor storage would keep the out, hard to climb the tire if don't like to walk on it, along with Fresh Cab or something like that.
Chiefig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 06:43 PM   #61

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by balloon lady View Post
Been using artificial tuff for years. Place it under the whole length of the rv. Mice do not like the ruffness on their feet. They will go under but will not walk on it. No mice or

rodent problem in 20 years.

problems in 20 years

What is artificial tuff?
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 12:11 AM   #62

Artificial Grass Carpet - Outdoor Carpet - Carpet & Carpet Tile - *The Home Depot
Fisherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 06:12 AM   #63

Need to locate where the mice are coming in. Mine was coming in around the steering column. I packed it with steel wool and I have not found any new mice droppings.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:21 AM   #64

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mody n Domy View Post
A 5 gallon bucket with about 2 to 3 inches of water in the bottom. Pop or beer can with a wire strung through it and suspended in the center of the bucket by wrapping it around the bale. Smear peanut butter on the can and put a ramp from the ground up to the can. Mice go up the ramp and jump onto can to get peanut butter can spins and mice fall into water and drown.
Ah yes, the infamous Adirondack Mouse Trap as I have heard it called. Works great...no need to re-bait...just empty it every couple of months. Great call.
Nisky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 12:06 PM   #65

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorb8 View Post
cab fresh and sticky traps
don't like poison, they die in some remote corner of the RV......

like the rope light idea.....
I only put the sticky traps where I have access to them and check them occasionally. Never had a problem except one night I could hear a small rat trying to get free and kept hearing the rattle sound threw it out with the rat during the night and by morning they both had disappeared and figured that a racoon had him for a midnight snack.
jjtotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 06:01 AM   #66

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorb8 View Post

don't like poison, they die in some remote corner of the RV......
Unless you have an on-board swimming pool/Jacuzzi or a major water leak they won't die IN your coach.

The d-Con poison forces them to search out water as they are dehydrating from the inside out.

If you use sticky traps or any other type of traps, YES, they will start to smell up the coach when they die. That's why I prefer d-Con, they feed and go away.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 07:16 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefox View Post
Need to locate where the mice are coming in. Mine was coming in around the steering column. I packed it with steel wool and I have not found any new mice droppings.
If the steel wool packing can get any access to water, even high humidity, it will rust and become a real mess. You can buy aluminum wool which would function the same way will be a lot less messy in the long run!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 07:24 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
Unless you have an on-board swimming pool/Jacuzzi or a major water leak they won't die IN your coach.
I used poison in my stick house crawl space once and found decomposing mice in the attic, that's when I quit believing that they always search out water and die
gatorb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 03:03 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mody n Domy View Post
A 5 gallon bucket with about 2 to 3 inches of water in the bottom. Pop or beer can with a wire strung through it and suspended in the center of the bucket by wrapping it around the bale. Smear peanut butter on the can and put a ramp from the ground up to the can. Mice go up the ramp and jump onto can to get peanut butter can spins and mice fall into water and drown.
This has worked great for me, but I noticed that I stop getting mice after a few are in the bucket with water.

I have started using peanut oil instead of water and more than a few inches too.
My thought it will help cover the odor of death which turns later mice away.
Neisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 03:07 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post

The d-Con poison forces them to search out water as they are dehydrating from the inside out.

If you use sticky traps or any other type of traps, YES, they will start to smell up the coach when they die. That's why I prefer d-Con, they feed and go away.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Yes, but try to buy d-con now.
Neisman is offline   Reply With Quote