Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2014, 07:59 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
MSRP vs sale price

Been a few years since we purchased a new coach. Would like some info on what percentage off of msrp people are getting now. Appreciate your information. Thanks
Newmar 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2014, 08:06 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Still seeing 20 to 30% off but it depends on the dealer and manufacturer. Some manufacturers don't "build in" as much overage so the dealer can't take as much off.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:20 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It took me 3 months worth of dealing but it payed off with a 39% reduction from list price ............. But this was only for a ordered Not stocked unit and had to wait another 3 months to get the rv but it was worth it to me

They will deal more if they don't have to stock the unit ...... It called a in out sale
Old 01-16-2014, 09:46 PM   #4

I believe there are several variables that you must work through.
>Dealer location-Fewer sales during winter months in northern most states.
>Time of year.~Up North Dealers prefer to not carry in stock units through the slower winter months.
>Current economy-Economic downturns = fewer RV sales. Makes dealers more 'hungry.'
>Type of RV you are shopping for-Travel trailers vs. Class C vs Class A vs 5'er--
>Having a trade-in - May or May not affect the deal. Depends on what you are trading in and the condition it is in and the demand for that unit.
> are you financing? Are you going to finance with their lending institution?--whether you are financing or not can affect $ earned by the dealership. Dealerships can get money back from lending institutions, that can factor into a deal.

If you doing some searches on this forum, you can get a good feel for what is currently getting worked through on an RV similar to what you are looking at.

Give more particulars for more specific advise, too.
Summerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:08 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
msrp vs sale

Thanks for the replys. Hop0e to hear from some others who made recent purchases, especially at the Florida RV show. I am looking at Allegro 36la. class A. Also have a Suncruiser 2011 37f to trade with 7500 miles on it.
Newmar 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:43 AM   #6

Price is one thing and certainly important. I bought our last three MHs from the same dealer. He is 45 miles from our home in WI. I could have saved a few thousand by going out of state, but local service is more important to me. I have had fewer problems than others because of the complete setup my dealer provides. IMHO it is more important to deal with a dealer you trust and know you can count on him to correct any problems without a hassle. My dealer goes out of his way to see that we are satisfied. I wouldn't get that same service if I had bought where the price was the lowest. I can't put a price on that.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:07 AM   #7

As above it's really hard to provide a figure because the number varies based on a number of circumstances both within and outside of your control (such as are you willing to wait many months and travel thousands of miles to save another few percent, etc.) And sometimes a dealer will really want to move a unit and sometimes they won't be as desperate. But in general you can say that MSRP is pretty meaningless in the RV world as a significant discount can almost always be had.

You can start out with 25-30% off (the dealer won't be insulted, he deals with this stuff all day every day) and take it from there. If you can't come to a deal then leave your phone number as it's amazing what happens after they sit with an offer for a day or so. But bottom line, if you walk and they don't call you then I guess you know you asked for too much. I've had some say 'sorry, we just can't do that' but most will come back with some offer as they really don't want to let a serious customer get away.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:14 PM   #8

We got ~25% off MSRP plus they gave us 4k more than suggested trade in on our TT. Very happy with the deal and we got all but one option.
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:44 PM   #9

Sounds great what rig did you get

2014 Coachmen Pursuit 31 BDP
waynesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesc View Post
Sounds great what rig did you get
It's a 2014 Forest River Georgetown 351DS. DW fell in love with it when she saw the bunk beds for the kids and a full size French door residential refrigerator. I had no say in the purchase
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sale