Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2018, 04:09 PM   #15

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IggyTech View Post

200 gallon fuel tank. Do you have to take a bank loan to fill each time?
No,,, We just fill fewer times than those with the smaller fuel tanks.
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2018, 04:21 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Fun and games with the wish list, but have you got a “must have” and a “nice to have” list too? Nothing is ever perfect, and it is always good to think of absolute requirements cf. wants.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:18 PM   #17

200 gallons plus diesel tank, three position stage jakebrake
readog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:08 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorPro View Post
My list

PREVOST

End of list
Haha! So true, mine too
John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:15 PM   #19

400 HP+, 2+ slides, quality manufacturer - Country Coach, Newmar, Beaver or better (of course would love Newell, Prevost, Bluebird but don't want to go too old), service records, hopefully a REALLY anal and wealthy private party seller who has kept the coach in a nice outbuilding alongside his million dollar + estate, floor plan is important but I don't mind re-configuring and redoing some things if the right coach comes along - that stuff is easy in the grand scheme, 10K hitch, tag axle would be nice but I'd then likely need/want more HP and then the price goes up or a start to lose other "wants" or I'd have to go older so we'll have to see.
mtofell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:47 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
It will speak to you when you see it.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:27 AM   #21
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
If we're talking about the perfect RV who's lining up for this baby?

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/videos...ipad-ces-2017/
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:54 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondiega1 View Post
This will do for me. This one is as perfect for me as it gets.

Coach #1477 - Newell Coach
We looked hard at Newell before we decided on our current coach. The problem with Newell are those mirrors attached 'upside down'. Luckily, they offer the regular mirrors where they are attach at the belt line (like other coaches).

The problem with the mirrors attached up high is that the passenger side shade is about 16-18 inches from meeting the A-pillar on the passenger side. The shades are designed to never block the mirror for the driver. The lower attached mirror design have regular shades that meet the A-pillar.

Secondly, the bi-fold bay doors are awkward as I found them hard to close and a good chance of getting pinched if you put your hand on the wrong place.

Otherwise, the Newell's are beautiful coaches.

Safe travels,
Mark
Mr.Mark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:06 AM   #23

For the coach manufacturers that offer heated floors, it is wonderful, I would highly suggest it. You can maintain a nice temp when the outside temp falls near freezing at night.

I don't like to run many things when sleeping (furnace) to keep noise down. The heated floors are quiet and it's nice when you step out of bed to a warm floor.

Also, I personally would never have another Sleep Number bed like we had in our '08 Dynasty. It was nothing but constant trouble. The wands were replaced under warranty then went out again. The pump went out once and replaced. When one side of the bed deflated, that was the final straw.

When we were near St. Louis, we pulled the bed out and threw it into the dumpster at the campground. We went to a local mattress store and bought a king pillow top Beauty Rest mattress. They delivered and installed it. Heaven!

I will never have another mattress that depends on pumps and electronics...never!

Safe travels,
Mark
Old 07-13-2018, 06:19 PM   #24

One that doesn't break down, OK probably unrealistic.

How about one where everything works, never mind.
Old 07-14-2018, 02:40 PM   #25

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
Forget the fireplace and add a side radiator, residential refer and induction cook top. Most of the Cummins ISLs are now up to 450 hp and 1250 torque. The coaches in the size you want will come standard with many of the items listed.
A side radiator usually says it all and most all will come with quality, top to bottom.
When quality is foremost, it's best to look in the rear first, rather than head for the entry door, like the other 99.9% always do.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:59 PM   #26

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mark View Post
For the coach manufacturers that offer heated floors, it is wonderful, I would highly suggest it. You can maintain a nice temp when the outside temp falls near freezing at night.

I don't like to run many things when sleeping (furnace) to keep noise down. The heated floors are quiet and it's nice when you step out of bed to a warm floor.

Also, I personally would never have another Sleep Number bed like we had in our '08 Dynasty. It was nothing but constant trouble. The wands were replaced under warranty then went out again. The pump went out once and replaced. When one side of the bed deflated, that was the final straw.

When we were near St. Louis, we pulled the bed out and threw it into the dumpster at the campground. We went to a local mattress store and bought a king pillow top Beauty Rest mattress. They delivered and installed it. Heaven!

I will never have another mattress that depends on pumps and electronics...never!

Safe travels,
Mark
I'm sort of suspecting here, that you'll never have another mattress that depends on pumps and electronics.....lol
Well, that's good to know, coming from a Prevost owner.
So far, so good with our OEM sleep number, for the time being....
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:19 PM   #27

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We'd add 1 1/2 baths to the list. A rear door emergency exit with ladder seems like one of the best ideas we've seen on some of the newer coaches. Those drops from the bedroom window in an emergency are going to break my old bones
Frantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:59 PM   #28

Tropical36, you know, everything is fine and dandy until it's not. I know others that have had ok luck with their Sleep Number bed but we didn't.

I took that Beauty Rest out of the Dynasty when we sold it and put in a new RV mattress from Camping World. Who would want someone else's previously used mattress? Anyway, the Beauty Rest replaced an older mattress in the house and is one of the best sleeping mattresses.

Safe travels,
Mark