RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2020, 05:46 PM   #15

Modifications

Or you could spend almost double what you would end up spending and have LiquidSprings installed. Still do the weighing, alignment and proper tire pressures.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2020, 09:11 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackreno View Post
My track bar will be delivered tomorrow and plan on installing it this weekend, I have done the CHF, have 4 air bags, poly sway bar bushings, and Koni shocks and my ride has improved over time with these upgrades and hope the track bar takes me even better..

Well I just installed my track bar today and took it on a small drive and noticed a big difference of how the motorhome handles, it even cause the sway to be less, maybe my next project will be a rv steering stabilizer.
jackreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 09:19 AM   #17

Good luck to you. I had a 2020 Newmar Baystar Sport on the 20.5K chassis. The Newmar part was fantastic. The Ford part was unbearable for me. I put sumo shocks on front and rear, stearing stabilizer, rear track bar, and performed the CHF on the front. This made a nice difference on the drivability (steering and keeping it on the road). However, the jarring and rattling on anything but nice smooth roads was something I could not live with. I finally gave up and traded for a diesel pusher.
Old 08-16-2020, 11:42 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckeda View Post
Good luck to you. I had a 2020 Newmar Baystar Sport on the 20.5K chassis. The Newmar part was fantastic. The Ford part was unbearable for me. I put sumo shocks on front and rear, stearing stabilizer, rear track bar, and performed the CHF on the front. This made a nice difference on the drivability (steering and keeping it on the road). However, the jarring and rattling on anything but nice smooth roads was something I could not live with. I finally gave up and traded for a diesel pusher.
I appreciate your post, as I have never had a diesel pusher. I do understand the "jarring and rattling" of the F53 (that is my only complaint with my MH). Is the diesel pusher that much smoother? The F53 jarring is frustrating at times when on a rough road, so I'm really asking if the DP with air suspension is a whole lot different?
Thanks,
wog099 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 01:18 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckeda View Post
Yes I have all that expect the steering stabilizer, I have the Koni shocks vs the Sumo shocks, I do have 4 air bags with controls in cab and my motorhome still has some jarring and rattling going on but not as bad, I did find some softer riding tires, Firestone FS561, when the roads are good its smooth and quiet.

I only drive my motorhome about 4000 miles a year so I cant see why I need to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars for a diesel motorhome and the expensive service it needs but if money is not a issue than I guess its OK, my 08 Bounder is paid for and I can do my own service and repairs and that's how I like it..
jackreno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension, upgrade